U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
 
276 posts, read 866,518 times
Reputation: 325

Advertisements

All of the channels get a piece of our monthly bill and they keep asking the cable company for more money. I wish I could pay for the channels I watch and only the ones I watch and not all of the crap I never watch. IMO it's highway robbery and damn near a socialist business the way it is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
16,722 posts, read 40,870,831 times
Reputation: 9198
I too recently changed over to ATT U-Verse, combining phone, internet and TV into a package is saving me $1,000 per year. The ATT U-Verse package also a better TV picture and has numerous benefits that I like a lot such as voice maile, telephone call screening appearing on the TV screen, call blocking and digital recording can be programmed on an internet web page. You can also retrieve all of your voice mail from the web page or on your phone. When you are traveling you can forward your home phone calls to your cell phone. etc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
413 posts, read 1,271,511 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I too recently changed over to ATT U-Verse, combining phone, internet and TV into a package is saving me $1,000 per year. The ATT U-Verse package also a better TV picture and has numerous benefits that I like a lot such as voice maile, telephone call screening appearing on the TV screen, call blocking and digital recording can be programmed on an internet web page. You can also retrieve all of your voice mail from the web page or on your phone. When you are traveling you can forward your home phone calls to your cell phone. etc, etc.
You can actually do that all with TWC too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
413 posts, read 1,271,511 times
Reputation: 148
As working in a call center for so long before finishing school, the people who don't call us to allow us to fix your problem are the ones that complain the most. TWC actually hires local people to take your calls, so we have the same service you do in your area. What a concept! If you have an issue with your bill or service, do them a favor and contact them, they can't fix the problem if they don't know there is one. Also, be nice to the people on the phone, they are really trying hard just sometimes we get fed up too. We don't come to your job yelling and screaming and demanding outrageous things. Though they are some people that are lazy for the most part we are trying to make you happy and get your money's worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
432 posts, read 995,987 times
Reputation: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I too recently changed over to ATT U-Verse, combining phone, internet and TV into a package is saving me $1,000 per year. The ATT U-Verse package also a better TV picture and has numerous benefits that I like a lot such as voice maile, telephone call screening appearing on the TV screen, call blocking and digital recording can be programmed on an internet web page. You can also retrieve all of your voice mail from the web page or on your phone. When you are traveling you can forward your home phone calls to your cell phone. etc, etc.
I am hating TWC more and more each day. I'm not sure if I have a contract with them for the bundle of TV internet and phone which I had for the first year when we moved here, but I believe we received a letter in July that said something to the effect if we didn't make any changes by such date it would go for another year...I think...lol..

I guess the best way to find out would be to call them and find out. My phones will go out when I am talking on them for up to a minute or two, then they are back on. Checked our batteries numerous times. When I report it TWC says that have no reports of outages...."Well you twitt I am reporting one!"

I hate the delay when changing channels and accessing the guide! I want ATT U-Verse. I hope I can get out of whatever I have like yesterday! I have ranted enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
5,142 posts, read 11,450,589 times
Reputation: 2505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
Also, be nice to the people on the phone, they are really trying hard just sometimes we get fed up too. We don't come to your job yelling and screaming and demanding outrageous things. Though they are some people that are lazy for the most part we are trying to make you happy and get your money's worth.
Exactly!
Being nice goes a long way. Hubby did the call center thing for quite a while, does call center type of stuff now but its more tech help desk now.
He sometimes gives their supervisor kudos on the employee when they've gone out of their way to help him out. Your raise may have been in part to him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
 
7,002 posts, read 10,246,200 times
Reputation: 5390
Because I live in an apartment complex that does not allow satellite dishes, TW is my only option. AT&T Uverse can't even step foot on most apartment complexes. If Clear Wire provided better coverage, I would switch over to them. Time Warner wants $40 for home internet service, $50 for mobile internet service, and $199 for a modem if you don't sign up for a two year contract; forget it. AT&T is looking real good right now. AT&T now offers DSL with no phone line at $20 for their fastest plan. Granted, it's 6mbps vs. TW's 7mbps; but the more people you have using cable internet, the slower it goes and I rarely get 7mbps. Come on Clear!

Last edited by L210; 09-27-2010 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Edit word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 05:09 AM
 
3,141 posts, read 5,164,880 times
Reputation: 1748
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
AT&T is looking real good right now. AT&T now offers DSL with no phone line at $20 for their fastest plan. Granted, it's 6mbps vs. TW's 7mbps; but the more people you have using cable internet, the slower it goes and I rarely get 7mbps. Come on Clear!
You are aware that the $20/month pricing for DSL is for the first year for new customers? The 6.0mbps speed goes to $45/month after the promotional period ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
 
7,002 posts, read 10,246,200 times
Reputation: 5390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
You are aware that the $20/month pricing for DSL is for the first year for new customers? The 6.0mbps speed goes to $45/month after the promotional period ends.
Okay. Well at least I would be able to save $240 for a year while Clearwire increases its coverage. But this concerns me: Clearwire SUCKS [dot com] .

Last edited by L210; 09-27-2010 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Made some changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top