U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,996,369 times

Advertisements

Hehehe - I've lived in areas WITH restrictions, and when it comes right down to it, there's not much difference. We've got a guy 2 doors down that won't mow - we call the City, they cite him, he mows...give it a few weeks and repeat - there's no "teeth" in it, so every offense is a "new" one. It's gotten to where when we call and mention the street, they already know where to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 AM

172 posts, read 417,585 times
I cant believe you come on a forum to announce your gonna shoot it. Just shoot it already and be done with it.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,996,369 times
I think part of it is sheer frustration - if venting here keeps him from pulling the trigger a few more days, that's great. Hate to see any animal put down, but in the case of one that's allowed to roam free and causes damage, there's simply not much option.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM

968 posts, read 2,187,409 times
well i can see where his warning would give him an alibi to save him from "animal cruelty" and being taken to court for premeditated murder (the PETA types get that crazy) so if he mentions it on here, and the dog is dead right now, i'll back him up...

Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM

777 posts, read 1,437,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottnboys View Post
You are aware that much of Texas is very wide open land, where land owners are often working hard to eek out a living with their livestock, crops, etc.? I suppose you can poke fun if you'd like - but having livestock grazing in fenced pastures is very common here...and it is NOT okay for an irresponsible dog owner to allow their dog to run at large, menacing others, to include killing valuable livestock.

I realize if you live in a brownstone in a city where green grass is a precious commodity, that this concept could seem a bit foreign, but here - land owners often use their guns to control snakes, coyotes, and the like.....the law supports their use of the same with dogs, if the dogs are 'running livestock' with the intent to harm, or have harmed or caused the death of livestock. Likewise - as a dog owner, "I" am and should be very aware of those laws....and therefore protect my dog from being shot by a land owner for harrassing their animals. Again - proper containment..... Every ounce of responsibility in a situation like this, falls squarely on the shoulders of the dog owner.
hahaha....I was being funny, some people take it too literal. hey, if you stepped foot on my property with the intent to harm me, yup....you'd have a bullet in you

Old 03-03-2010, 03:20 PM

556 posts, read 1,829,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
hahaha....I was being funny, some people take it too literal. hey, if you stepped foot on my property with the intent to harm me, yup....you'd have a bullet in you
You never know over the big internet in the sky - couldn't tell by your post if maybe you lived elsewhere and didn't realize how much of our state was wide open spaces

Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM

777 posts, read 1,437,091 times
nope, born and raised in south texas all my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio