Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 01:22 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,288,471 times

Advertisements

no, so I can see the menu.. some pictures of their product would also help quite a bit.
I'm very big on doing almost everything online. It's a great way to save money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 02:50 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,775,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
no, so I can see the menu.. some pictures of their product would also help quite a bit.
I'm very big on doing almost everything online. It's a great way to save money
Unfortunately, I think a website could only work for a corporate chain like Pizza Hut, etc. Imagine if a small local place were suddenly flooded with orders. (Even the chains get flooded during certain times, like television events). At least with a telephone they have a little more control over that.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:12 PM

actually, a web site works better because it doesn't make mistakes like humans answering phones do.. it also doesn't say "thank you for calling insertapizzaplacehere, could you hang on while I answer 20 more phones please?".
but once again, I was talking about a web site to display their menu, a map, phone number, and some pictures of their product. It's 2008 and that's how it pretty much has to be if you want to stay in business...

Old 04-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
actually, a web site works better because it doesn't make mistakes like humans answering phones do.. it also doesn't say "thank you for calling insertapizzaplacehere, could you hang on while I answer 20 more phones please?".
but once again, I was talking about a web site to display their menu, a map, phone number, and some pictures of their product. It's 2008 and that's how it pretty much has to be if you want to stay in business...
They don't have the hold/wait problem because they probably only have a single phone. There's plenty of good takeout/delivery restaurants that don't depend on a website. But if some customers prefer websites, they can stick to the chain restaurants.

But those customers are making the bigger sacrifice.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM

Trying to be nice here..
I never mentioned ordering online.. I don't know where that came from. Actually I do, but I'm being nice..
I want web sites so I can see their menu, get their phone number, find a map to the place, and it would be nice to see some pictures of their food. Discussing it with other people is nice, but pizza is one of those foods where someones delight is someone elses nasty. If a picture of the pizza doesn't show much cheese, I'm probably not going to go there. I prefer lots of cheese and plenty of toppings. I can see that in a picture.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Trying to be nice here..
I never mentioned ordering online.. I don't know where that came from. Actually I do, but I'm being nice..
I want web sites so I can see their menu, get their phone number, find a map to the place, and it would be nice to see some pictures of their food. Discussing it with other people is nice, but pizza is one of those foods where someones delight is someone elses nasty. If a picture of the pizza doesn't show much cheese, I'm probably not going to go there. I prefer lots of cheese and plenty of toppings. I can see that in a picture.
Sorry for the confusion. I respect that some people might prefer to see a picture of the food first.

On the other hand, I like a little mystery when it comes to food. But I don't think I'm extreme in that regard. I think some people might even get offended by a website, if they had that availability of looking at the food first. It's like pictures take away something.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,706 times
It sounds like SA has some pizza! We'll soon be finding out, because my wife and I are moving to SA (probably) this year - depending on what the military does!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 PM

47 posts, read 150,808 times
If you want to take a drive out 281 to Hwy 46. There is a little town up there called Startzville. There is a pizza place that ROCKS...it is called Big Country Pizza. It is probably the best pizza we have ever had. We also like the pasta choices too. The only thing I don't like is they don't take credit/debit cards.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:44 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 942,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgobbel View Post
It sounds like SA has some pizza! We'll soon be finding out, because my wife and I are moving to SA (probably) this year - depending on what the military does!
That is the truth. There is sooo much good pizza around this place it is not even funny.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:09 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,164,368 times
Thanks to the posters in this thread, Mrs. TexHwyMan and I tried Miss Ellie's yesterday and loved it! The missus thought the garlic bread was especially yummy. We love Florio's, and we rate Miss Ellie's and Florio's about the same (which is excellent, IOHO.)

Next up: Brother's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio