Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 03:12 PM

475 posts, read 1,094,151 times

Advertisements

However, it is just for one day.

They are hosting their annual shareholder meeting on March 10, 2010 at the new JW Marriott Resort.

Sorry... just couldn't resist given all the past rumor history. Of course, having the meeting here might just get the faithful going again, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 05:10 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
I saw a black mouse walking a dog today.
I bet it was Mickey Mouse and Pluto.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:51 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I saw a black mouse walking a dog today.
I bet it was Mickey Mouse and Pluto.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Interesting choice, for a company with dozens of resort properties to hold its shareholders meeting at a resort in a city where they own no resort properties.

Wonder if Steve Jobs will be there... he's the largest shareholder.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 AM

199 posts, read 707,808 times
That would have been good to know, I am a shareholder but never heard about the location for the meeting. And now it's right in my backyard! Now I gotta figure out how to request this info so I can find out before it happens. Thanks for the info though!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:28 AM

417 posts, read 982,662 times
A side note..related to this. I've noticed Disney is finally getting back to making more movies. YAY!!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Last fiscal year was not that great for the company, with sales actually down from the previous year, so they probably wanted to have it at a location that might result in fewer attendees; that is exactly what occured.

It was a surprisingly small event given the company's size -- I would guess that there were maybe 400-500 people at the JW today.

And no, they did not announce any new plans for Texas. Also, no Steve Jobs.

While there were individuals there with personal pleas (CA hotel cast members trying to maintain health benefits in ongoing union negotiations, shareholders who want shareholders to approve of future executive compensation, etc.), all handled themselves in a respectful manner and the board chairman let several speak for a longer time than they were supposed to take.

By the way, only a few shareholder children attended, but they got a boatload of time with Mickey, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Princess Tianna, who all were there.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:35 PM

199 posts, read 707,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity View Post
Last fiscal year was not that great for the company, with sales actually down from the previous year, so they probably wanted to have it at a location that might result in fewer attendees; that is exactly what occured.

It was a surprisingly small event given the company's size -- I would guess that there were maybe 400-500 people at the JW today.

And no, they did not announce any new plans for Texas. Also, no Steve Jobs.

While there were individuals there with personal pleas (CA hotel cast members trying to maintain health benefits in ongoing union negotiations, shareholders who want shareholders to approve of future executive compensation, etc.), all handled themselves in a respectful manner and the board chairman let several speak for a longer time than they were supposed to take.

By the way, only a few shareholder children attended, but they got a boatload of time with Mickey, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Princess Tianna, who all were there.
Datacity,
What do I have to do to get information on the shareholder meeting? Please PM me. I have owned stock for just over a year, so I didn't know I had to do anything "extra" to find out this stuff. Thanks so much!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner463 View Post
Datacity,
What do I have to do to get information on the shareholder meeting? Please PM me. I have owned stock for just over a year, so I didn't know I had to do anything "extra" to find out this stuff. Thanks so much!!!
DM sent, but for others that may be interested, here is the direct link to Disney Investor Relations:

The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies - Investor Relations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: