Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikip View Post
How do we kill weeds in our yard my husband is making a trip to Home Depot or Lowes we don't know alot about the San Antonio yards but we have many weeds growing in ours and want them out without the big spots from Round Up. Also how do we get a beautiful yard like the baseball field grass or model homes I think we have bermuda grass how can we get the nice green grass . We moved from Virgina with military but also lived near houston and had beautiful grass. Advice appreciated.
I'm not trying to sound smart but how about a big pitcher of iced tea then go out and pull them, insuring that you get the roots. We have had only a few weeds but our neighbors are flooded with them. If you pull them out soon they will not go to seed which means more will show up next year. Some Folks have told me they mow there grass lower than nomal but only for the first cutting. If your mower has a bagger please use it. Again this will help "catch" some of the seeds.

With the growth of you lawn, hopefully you see green now, some of the weeds will be "choked out" others will die when it starts to warm up.

I have heard too many bad things about the Weed and Feed Products. Whether the unwanted chemicals that go back into your soil or the harming of flowers, shrubs, etc.

Best of Luck to You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio