U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM
 
Location: san antonio texas
1,805 posts, read 2,192,397 times
Reputation: 623

Advertisements

weather.com doesnt archive the past 30 days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
3,542 posts, read 7,537,325 times
Reputation: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
OK, I know someone knows the answer to this (probably AnthonySA), but is there a web site that shows the daily highs and lows for San Antonio for the past month or so?

For example, the daily high/low for August 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...

Thanks! M2
National Weather Service Climate
Here ya go! For this month, go to Preliminary Monthly Climate Data (CF6). For previous months, it's better to use the Monthly Weather Summary (CLM).

You can also go to a direct link for this month:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/EWX/CF6SAT

.. and last month:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/EWX/CLMSAT

Edit: whoops! two people beat me to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 08:08 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,274 posts, read 6,652,636 times
Reputation: 3910
These guys have a slightly different set of data to work with, though. I suspect its due to taking measurements from two completely different places.

San Antonio Water System: Aquifer Level & Water Use Stats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
3,542 posts, read 7,537,325 times
Reputation: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
These guys have a slightly different set of data to work with, though. I suspect its due to taking measurements from two completely different places.

San Antonio Water System: Aquifer Level & Water Use Stats
They got the stats from the San Antonio Int'l Airport, the official climate reporting station for the city. The weather.com link uses Stinson Field on the southside (compare to http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/EWX/CF6SSF)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 08:40 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,274 posts, read 6,652,636 times
Reputation: 3910
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
They got the stats from the San Antonio Int'l Airport, the official climate reporting station for the city. The weather.com link uses Stinson Field on the southside (compare to http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/EWX/CF6SSF)
Oh, okeydokey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
210 posts, read 439,145 times
Reputation: 277
So I'm new to the area and I overheard a conversation the other day that I'd like someone here to clear up/elaborate on for me. They said that the only way the drought will end anytime soon will be because of a tropical storm. Now I've heard Hurricane Irene is due to hit Florida Thurs/Fri. Will this have any impact on the weather here or are we too far away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,893 posts, read 4,874,352 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
So I'm new to the area and I overheard a conversation the other day that I'd like someone here to clear up/elaborate on for me. They said that the only way the drought will end anytime soon will be because of a tropical storm. Now I've heard Hurricane Irene is due to hit Florida Thurs/Fri. Will this have any impact on the weather here or are we too far away?
No. At least not so you would notice. I think all weather effects the planet in some way. The current drought is due to some weather pattern far away. In oder for the people of San Antonio to see any real weather changes from a tropical storm they usually have to hit somewhere around Corpus Christi Texas. And even then it is lilely to only a temporary change. AnthonySA will correct or elaborate on this if he sees this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,941 posts, read 12,828,372 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
No. At least not so you would notice. I think all weather effects the planet in some way. The current drought is due to some weather pattern far away. In oder for the people of San Antonio to see any real weather changes from a tropical storm they usually have to hit somewhere around Corpus Christi Texas. And even then it is lilely to only a temporary change. AnthonySA will correct or elaborate on this if he sees this post.
He'll see it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
1,512 posts, read 2,614,563 times
Reputation: 2219
Brrr....it's freezing outside in downright frosty San Antonio!

--Dim

(Yes, before anyone asks, I know it's a bazillion degrees outside. Trying this whole "mind over matter" thing on for size...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
37,948 posts, read 55,708,171 times
Reputation: 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Ask at 9:02 PM and ye shall receive at 9:07 PM.

Monthly Weather Forecast for San Antonio, TX - weather.com
Hmmm... click on September and you will see Hi/Lo for September...
Averages and predictions.....
__________________
.
"No Copyrighted Material"
Moderated forums:
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums
.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top