U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 06:41 PM

282 posts, read 410,221 times

Advertisements

I've never seen so much rain in my life. Funny how it can't just rain here because of some nice little showers passing through, it has to pour.......and pour......and pour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 07:30 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,411,372 times
Default Road Idiocy,

There are more witless dummies driving around than a person can count, Max.
People like you described here, driving around in this flood.
Half of these people shouldn't even have drivers licenses. I, myself find it amazing and
very frustrating that these non-thinkers do not have any clue of the consequences of what their driving habits could cause. Hopefully they will not harm anyone when they make their discovery. I believe these
drivers are lazy-brained and would rather not think at all.
You can't stop them all , it would be impossible. They are out there by the thousands and thousands
it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I worked a volunteer patrol out of the North substation yesterday when the rain hit; things were a mess!

Heck, even afterward it took me nearly two hours to get home, which is normally a half-hour drive at the most. I finally ended up heading north towards Bulverde on back roads as the major routes (1604, 281) were parking lots. Even then, saw a lot of accidents; mostly vehicles off the road because the drivers were going too fast for conditions.

Even driving a Jeep, I take it easy when there is so much water on the roads. I had idiots passing by me not only sending water spraying in all directions, but most likely hydroplaning due to their speed as well. What was worse were the number of morons driving in such bad visibility with no lights on.

I've seen people driving in heavy rains with their hazards on, but when you get next to them they're on their cell phone. That drives me crazy.

The bottom line is avoid the roads if possible anytime it rains that bad here, and if you can't try to find routes that are less congested as you have a better chance the less idiots there are on the road. Also, whatever you do, don't try to cross any flooded roadways.

For more info, check out the Turn Around, Don't Drown website, especially the one on buoyancy as this is the concept most people can't seem to grasp!

Old 05-25-2013, 07:42 PM

227 posts, read 280,797 times
Medina lake got very little and the level probably wont change at all.

I have lived her my entire life and it is only the second time I have seen 281 @ Basse underwater. Glad I got home before the big stuff hit this morning, because that is my exit.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:48 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,632,958 times
Can't believe I missed out on this because I was on a cruise ship in the Caribbean...

Old 05-26-2013, 12:21 AM

17 posts, read 26,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRick View Post
Medina lake got very little and the level probably wont change at all.

I have lived her my entire life and it is only the second time I have seen 281 @ Basse underwater. Glad I got home before the big stuff hit this morning, because that is my exit.
This is the third time since 1998 actually.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:51 AM

381 posts, read 662,928 times
Tried to go from the 151 to the 410 yesterday on my way to work but there were at least three cars underwater and the area was cordoned off!They were underneath the 410.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:57 PM

6,848 posts, read 10,116,676 times
SA is making big news on TWC... what, over 10 inches of rain yesterday? Kinda wet, are ya?!?

Seriously, take care and stay safe all!

See: San Antonio Area Braces for More Possible Flooding - weather.com Flash Floods Turn Deadly in Texas

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-26-2013 at 01:06 PM..

Old 05-26-2013, 01:23 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,343,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by en28so View Post
Tried to go from the 151 to the 410 yesterday on my way to work but there were at least three cars underwater and the area was cordoned off!They were underneath the 410.

Which is why we might just have to THANK that damn blind spider....because of it they are suppose to be changing from an UNDERPASS at 1604/151 to an OVERPASS. Whoever was the FOOL to decide underpass to begin with should be SHOT!!! If you get rain, ALL these "underpasses" flood and quickly!

Old 05-26-2013, 04:17 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,411,372 times
Default Cuba, Soviet ?

You must have been visiting Cuba, eh Soviet out there in the Caribbean ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Can't believe I missed out on this because I was on a cruise ship in the Caribbean...

Old 05-26-2013, 05:22 PM

227 posts, read 280,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenice View Post
This is the third time since 1998 actually.
OK I guess I forgot 2000 but still, THREE times is the last 15 years is a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or