Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,750,014 times

Advertisements

it's all rumbly n' stuff out in my neck of the woods. fun times, i'm on the edge of noaa's warning box. i guess it's a good enough excuse to keep on playing mafia wars on facebook for a while.

edit: ooo, flashy now too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,167,297 times
We skated (alot)...unbelieveable....

Last edited by Deep Forest; 05-26-2009 at 12:21 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,225,501 times
Already see the next batch behind this stuff approaching Midland.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,300,658 times
some nice banging and clanging in my area, but not much of the wet stuff I guess that warrants a

Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 AM

Haha... I had about .4" here. This is just round 1 of many to come.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 AM

Here it comes!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,918,484 times
Man, it's nice this morning!! Cool and breezy, and it looks like it rained at my house, but I slept through it.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 AM

…and the storminess continues!

Usually the song and dance for forecasting the weather in South-Central Texas is never underestimate the power of the ridge. That is what usually keeps us dry and the reason why we miss out on so many storm events. Last night, that was not the case. We underestimated the power of a nice shortwave trough in West Texas that pushed eastward firing up a very steady and heavy batch of showers and thunderstorms that roared all night long into the early morning hours. Some of these storms did in fact reach severe limits. There were reports of a funnel cloud near Leakey, pea sized hail in Hondo, and a gust to 58 mph. Here in Bexar County we saw some very heavy rainfall, gusty winds, and an awesome display of lightning. I originally expected that these storms would fire up by Tuesday evening/overnight … instead, we were all surprised by their early arrival.

What does this mean for today’s forecast? It is actually a no-brainer — more of the same. This morning’s Doppler radar and infrared satellite imagery continue to indicate several impulses activating in West Texas and Northern Mexico pushing eastward into the region. The next line of storms has already developed and should cross the border into western portions of South-Central Texas fairly shortly. These storms will probably make it to the San Antonio-Metropolitan area/ IH-35 corridor around lunch time. Again with these storms the main threats will be heavy rainfall, strong winds, and large hail. An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out. I do not expect a widespread outbreak of severe storms due to the lack of upper-level dynamics, but there is certainly more than enough instability to get these storms going strong. And behind this? Another round of storms will move through the region yet again later this evening into the overnight hours.

Thunderstorms remain again in the forecast on Thursday and Friday, albiet less organized than last night and today. Most of the storms will be the product of daytime heating and will fizzle out after sunset. A late season cold front may move through by Friday ending our rain chances at least temporarily.

Another series of disturbances is forecast to approach South-Central Texas by Sunday and continue through at least the early portions of next week. As a result of all the precipitation, high temperatures should be much more moderate than previously anticipated. We will not see nearly as much sunshine so I have reduced highs to hover between the mid 80s and low 90s the next 8 days. Overnight lows will be in the mid 60s to about 70 accounting for the possibility of rain-cooled air.

Quite an amazing shift in our weather pattern considering how long and brutal our drought, which began in September 2007, has been. And as always, we will surely keep a very close eye on each and every storm system that moves through the region.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:57 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,750,014 times
It rained like crazy at my place. The 6gal bucket below my roofline had 3 inches of water in it before last night, now it's full. Wish there were a way to store all the rainwater.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,262,496 times
It is rumbling outside my house - freakin' me out! Last nite was pretty crazy too! I thought the storm was going to come thru my window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio