Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:44 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times

Advertisements

That original post was just awesome...

I had this mental image of Susan Lucci reading it in dramatic, daytime-Emmy fashion. Really just vamping it up, climaxing in her throwing herself on the floor when asking about the Mountain Laurels.

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Hehe you said "climax". That's just awesome, in so many ways.

I remember fondly when my lawn was young many years ago, then the drought tore it all to hell in a handbasket and I was full of grief. I can understand.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:56 AM

103 posts, read 489,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I don't think that this a "life ruining" event.
[FONT=Verdana]Yes for my life… lol as minor as it sounds its life ruining. If only you knew the kind of year I had... this was the icing on my horrible cake filled 12 months. It is going to be something else this year that dies on me. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The grass was just starting to grow out. I don’t see any of the effects yet. I am hoping that downpour we had washed it out. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]If it does die what is the best type of seed/sod to use?[/FONT]

Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM

126 posts, read 425,075 times
Maybe they have a St. Augustine candle at HEB you can burn to make it come back....

Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogsTX View Post
Maybe they have a St. Augustine candle at HEB you can burn to make it come back....
Will a St. Augustine candle work on Bermuda grass?

Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apies1819 View Post
Yes for my life… lol as minor as it sounds its life ruining. If only you knew the kind of year I had... this was the icing on my horrible cake filled 12 months. It is going to be something else this year that dies on me.

The grass was just starting to grow out. I don’t see any of the effects yet. I am hoping that downpour we had washed it out.

If it does die what is the best type of seed/sod to use?
I'm sorry! I know what it's like to feel kind of like you ruined everything. I bet you didn't though!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:55 PM

13 posts, read 13,571 times
I love it ! I've been wondering about why we have lawns myself....they're pretty in uniform sort of way, I suppose, but so much work, expense, and waste...

The Dervaes family of Pasadena, California has the right idea. On one-tenth of an acre, they grow crops, raise chickens for their eggs, and goats for milk. They give away and sell all they don't consume.

Just my 2 cents. ;-0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio