U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:31 PM

90 posts, read 133,312 times

Advertisements

A bus going from San Antonio to Mexico crashed on Interstate 37. One woman was killed when the bus landed on top of her. I'd find the bus driver at fault. Does anyone think it was just an accident or was the driver speeding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:33 PM

3,705 posts, read 5,017,756 times
A link to the story might be helpful.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,841,937 times
2 killed, at least 30 injured in Interstate 37 bus crash | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

DPS confirms two dead
Moderator cut: copyrighted photo

CAMPBELLTON, Texas (AP) -- A bus headed for Mexico carrying 40 people overturned along a southern Texas highway on Tuesday, killing at least two people and sending at least 30 people to hospitals, officials said.

The accident happened around 10 a.m. on southbound Interstate 37, about 45 miles south of San Antonio, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Tom Vinger said. Moderator cut: remainder of copyrighted article, which is available at the link above

Sounds like she had a steering tire blow out, and probably forgot the main thing when a steering tire blows: Keep the vehicle as strait as possible!!!

Last edited by Bo; 03-17-2010 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Do not post full copyrighted articles. Post a 2-sentence snippet and a link only.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM

10,298 posts, read 9,956,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMaster View Post
A bus going from San Antonio to Mexico crashed on Interstate 37. One woman was killed when the bus landed on top of her. I'd find the bus driver at fault. Does anyone think it was just an accident or was the driver speeding?
Anything could have caused that accident.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:47 AM

872 posts, read 1,087,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMaster View Post
You must be a very fast investigator...or a mind reader. Don't jump to conclusions so fast.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
RGJ

1,898 posts, read 2,600,305 times
I think it's being said the drive shaft failed....Not sure how it works on a bus, but on a car, if the rear u-joint fails, the drive shaft generally just falls on the ground. If the front u-joint fails, then it could pole vault the vehicle. Wonder how often these buses are inspected?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:28 PM

872 posts, read 1,087,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I think it's being said the drive shaft failed....Not sure how it works on a bus, but on a car, if the rear u-joint fails, the drive shaft generally just falls on the ground. If the front u-joint fails, then it could pole vault the vehicle. Wonder how often these buses are inspected?
This one was inspected the day before the accident...and passed.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM

21,392 posts, read 23,081,435 times
When I drive home in the evening I usually see a bus from Mexico driving IH35 North. Almost every one of those busses is old and in a pretty bad shape. They rattle, leave behind a dark smoke; sometimes not all the lights are on/working. Pretty scary looking transportation...

Old 03-17-2010, 04:40 PM

3,985 posts, read 4,429,713 times
Remember that the bus has the engine in the rear. Catastrophic failure of the drive train could turn out to be the root cause.

OP, don't you think you were a bit premature in your fast judgement of the driver??? Kinda sad, dude...

Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 AM

1 posts, read 550 times
Default Neighbor

The Bus driver was not speeding she did not fall asleep the drive-shaft came off making the bus flip this lady driver lives 2 houses down from me come on people give some body a break I know we all want to point finger but come on. You people who are talking smack are not hurting as much as the families who lost loved ones or as the driver who has to live with this for the rest of her LIFE. SO get the fact straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio