Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times

Advertisements

I distrust anyone with such a low post count, just by principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 11:44 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
I could see Ikea coming to San Antonio somewhere in the next 5 years. It's the only large city in Texas that doesn't have one.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:29 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,419 times
Am I the only one who finds I&O highly overrated? I'll admit, my first time I visited one in California I was taken by the hype, but after a few more visits out West, it's just a basic burger and some (bland) fries! Dropped in outside the Reno airport two weeks ago and had my fill for at least a couple years. While I am not a big fast food fan, at least at Whataburger you can add jalapenos and bacon!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
No, there are many of us who share the same sentiment. I heard the raves for years before trying it, it didn't come anywhere close to the hype. Plus, the fact that it is usually former Californians screaming for it here puts me off even further. I guess Whataburger isn't good enough for them...

Old 03-17-2010, 07:12 PM

81 posts, read 188,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
No, there are many of us who share the same sentiment. I heard the raves for years before trying it, it didn't come anywhere close to the hype. Plus, the fact that it is usually former Californians screaming for it here puts me off even further. I guess Whataburger isn't good enough for them...
Whataburger is not enough but neither is I&O, to each their own, and for the meantime I'll hit Tommys and Farmer burgers each and every time I hit the coast.
Did I mention Farmer burgers Onion Rings There's a happy thought.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
If it's got meat between 2 buns, I will eat it.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:37 AM

522 posts, read 1,132,199 times
can someone explain to me the animosity for in and out on this board? i haven't been here too long so maybe i missed some friction in the past, but i'm wondering why people joke about "shooting these people" over a restaurant chain.

perhaps it's a bias, but it would please me to have i&o in sa (on the riverwalk though? what?) and i personally disagree with the comparison with whataburger. five guys is pretty close though, so i'm glad those are here now. but like another poster already said, to each thier own. i'm just genuinely curios as to why folks seem so on edge over this particular chair, having not seen such a negative response in other restaurant threads.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:48 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks
Lets keep In N Out west, and Whataburger south

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I approve this message.
Me too!!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:51 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
Lets keep In N Out west, and Whataburger south
I'm Scuba Steve and I approve this message!

Dick's on the other hand... San Antonio might make a fine choice for their first establishment outside of King County.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post
can someone explain to me the animosity for in and out on this board? i haven't been here too long so maybe i missed some friction in the past, but i'm wondering why people joke about "shooting these people" over a restaurant chain.

perhaps it's a bias, but it would please me to have i&o in sa (on the riverwalk though? what?) and i personally disagree with the comparison with whataburger. five guys is pretty close though, so i'm glad those are here now. but like another poster already said, to each thier own. i'm just genuinely curios as to why folks seem so on edge over this particular chair, having not seen such a negative response in other restaurant threads.
Many of us have tried In & Out, and find it no better than Whataburger; but it appears that many from California feel it (and many other chains in that state) are far superior than what we have here in Texas and try to convince everyone here that they are needed. It gives many the impression of trying to "Californicate" Texas, which will naturally meet much resistance.

Honestly, it's great that some people like the place; but the bottom line is that it is just another fast food chain and the wonderful mystique that some associate with it just doesn't live up to the hype. And maybe you haven't noticed, but San Antonio needs another fast food chain like it needs more drunk drivers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio