U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:56 PM

3,823 posts, read 10,095,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Well, Alamo Ranch will soon have another entrance/exit to the south (not a main one though like the ones on Culebra). They're extending Cottonwood Way from Alamo Ranch to Wiseman. The roadway is already cut out and waiting for paving. This extension will go past Wiseman to the new Northside high school being built. You can get to Cottonwood Way by taking either Alamo Parkway or Lone Star Parkway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM

115 posts, read 331,144 times
Saw that a while ago, Steel Man, but thanks for the street name, will make it easier to figure out on Google Earth. Wife has a good friend in Alamo, will make it easier for them to visit.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:22 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,100,488 times
so is the outside 1604 portion of Wiseman still 40 MPH? That just doesn't make sense, especially when Potranco goes to 60 as soon as you pass outside 1604. Not that many people ever notice it, but it is..

Old 08-30-2008, 05:02 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,883,923 times
ohh some people get away in potranco doing over 45 inside the loop.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 PM

115 posts, read 331,144 times
It's 45. Talley is 40 from Potranco all the way to the Talley Road market curves; after those two curves it's 45 until it hits Culebra.

And you better set your cruise control to the speed limit... cops might let you get away with 5-10 over the limit on 1604, but they're very touchy on Talley/Wiseman. Agent in my subdivision has said that people have gotten pulled over for 2-3 over.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
Saw that a while ago, Steel Man, but thanks for the street name, will make it easier to figure out on Google Earth. Wife has a good friend in Alamo, will make it easier for them to visit.
Haven't been on that part of Wiseman for awhile, but figured it was going to happen a time back when I saw the new high school was going to be on Cottonwood Way. You know traffic on Wiseman (outside Loop 1604) is going to pick up when the road is complete, not to mention a traffic light will more than likely go there soon after.

I also noticed a pedestrian walking in the street as there was no sidewalk further down Wiseman near Talley Road.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
It's 45. Talley is 40 from Potranco all the way to the Talley Road market curves; after those two curves it's 45 until it hits Culebra.

And you better set your cruise control to the speed limit... cops might let you get away with 5-10 over the limit on 1604, but they're very touchy on Talley/Wiseman. Agent in my subdivision has said that people have gotten pulled over for 2-3 over.
I go 40 on Talley Road, but often get tail-gated. If you're looking for speeders, try Loop 1604W heading south from Wiseman to Military Drive West. Many people routinely go 70-75 on that stretch when it is 55. It amazes me how people rush along that stretch just to turn into the Westcreek subdivision. Some even come up behind me about 1/2 mile from the turn just to get in front of me to turn...boy, they're saving lots of time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio