U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 8,158 times
this is my first post in this forum and i am making it after a fairly fruitless google session looking for restaurants in san antonio with smoking sections.

hopefully we can create a (fairly) comprehensive list of places to go and enjoy a cigerette after our meals.

so far i have:
Lion and Rose (more of a bar, but what ever)
IHOP (on broadway, inside 410 near 35)
The Jim's at Broadway & 410
Pompei Italian Restaurant on Nacogdoches

any others?

Last edited by Bo; 04-03-2010 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Merged later post to bring the topic up to date with later info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 AM

1,600 posts, read 2,322,299 times
JIMS, DENNY'S and IHOP have smoking sections, but only at certain times of the day.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 AM

1,661 posts, read 2,404,616 times
The Jim's at Broadway & 410 has a partitioned smoking section. And as mentioned, the IHOP on Broadway across from the Witte has a smoker's dining room. Most of the establishments with a patio or outdoor dining area allow smoking in those areas.

I'm not aware of any of those establishments restricting smoking to certain times of the day.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM

134 posts, read 212,719 times
Check out this website for a long list of smoker friendly places in town, it even lets you know if they allow cigars or pipes as well. It list more bars than restaurants but a nice resource for those who need to know.

San Antonio Smoking Bars, San Antonio Smoking Restaurants & San Antonio Cigar Bars. Smoking Friendly Places in San Antonio (http://www.smokingfinders.com/where-to-smoke/tx/san-antonio-tx/ - broken link)

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM

3,970 posts, read 4,305,230 times
Pompei Italian Restaurant on Nacogdoches has a nice one.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,158 times
that link is mostly bars, nothing wrong with that but most bars allow you to smoke anyway.

Quote:
JIMS, DENNY'S and IHOP have smoking sections, but only at certain times of the day.
what times of day is smoking allowed? i would imagine it would be late night but as a student i am often in jims late night and do not know of any that base their smoking policy on time of day.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:28 PM

3,350 posts, read 10,063,449 times
Good Time Charlies on broadway at Mulberry has an outside area where you can smoke. Luthr's Cafe on Main also has an outside area.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 AM

1,600 posts, read 2,322,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr quackums View Post
that link is mostly bars, nothing wrong with that but most bars allow you to smoke anyway.

what times of day is smoking allowed? i would imagine it would be late night but as a student i am often in jims late night and do not know of any that base their smoking policy on time of day.
You would have to ask, I don't recall. I do remember not being able to use the smoking area several times over the years because of the day/time.

CHA-CHO'S on PB allows smoking on their outdoor decks.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:07 AM

420 posts, read 657,798 times
The smoking ban on restaurants in San Antonio requires the smoking section be enclosed by solid doors or windows (with exclusion of a doorway). So they can have an open entry to the section. plus there are some other loopholes

The ban does not apply to bars such as the Lion and Rose.

Keep an eye out though. EVERY YEAR they try to modify it to close the loophole and are trying to add all public spaces to it. Bars, parks, patios at restaurants, etc. Plus last year they almost had a state wide smoking ban go up. It was saved by one argumentative piece of legislation that stopped anything after it from going through by being challenged till the state deadline. So all new legislation after never got reviewed. Enjoy the locations that allow it while you can. Pretty soon you will only be able to smoke in a small closet in your own home with the lights off.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM

9 posts, read 15,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post
Enjoy the locations that allow it while you can. Pretty soon you will only be able to smoke in a small closet in your own home with the lights off.
HAHA, That seems to be the case in just about every state currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio