Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 AM

428 posts, read 1,064,956 times

Advertisements

New Braunfels Christian Academy

If so, what do you think of the school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Okay so this is hearsay, I worked for a lady a few years ago who spoke at the school for some kind of "Entrepreneur" thing and she claims there were two young ladies in high school who were pregnant. I didn't think a private Christian school would allow that to fly - particularly since most vehemently defend their reputation and go to great lengths to preserve it. Anyways, not sure something like that would matter to you, it was just something my old boss claimed she saw while she was visiting the school. The best way you can get an idea of what kind of school it is, is to go and take a tour of it yourself and meet your
child(rens) potential teachers and the administration. You can usually get a good perception after that. Good luck!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Okay so this is hearsay, I worked for a lady a few years ago who spoke at the school for some kind of "Entrepreneur" thing and she claims there were two young ladies in high school who were pregnant. I didn't think a private Christian school would allow that to fly - particularly since most vehemently defend their reputation and go to great lengths to preserve it. Anyways, not sure something like that would matter to you, it was just something my old boss claimed she saw while she was visiting the school. The best way you can get an idea of what kind of school it is, is to go and take a tour of it yourself and meet your
child(rens) potential teachers and the administration. You can usually get a good perception after that. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. Our son won't be school age for a few years, but we're considering settling in that area and really like what we've seen about the school for the research we've done so far.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,826 times
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/perticusrex-434900.html"][/URL]With all due respect perticusrex you are GOSSIPING!

My wife worked there for a few years, one of our children attended NBCA. I am a local pastor and we have several children and teens from our church that attend NBCA. I have in the past taught at a few Chapels. It is a Evangelical Christian school with two campuses and very some very Godly people in administration and teachers in the class room. There can be a few elitist families who bring a spirit of "I am better than you", but every school has that.

The elementary principal is an awesome leader and a very Godly woman. Visit and check it out...

Blessings

Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 PM

354 posts, read 712,068 times
I am not sure that simply because a couple of girls *may* have been impregnated by boys means that it is a terrible school. The way you, perticusrex, were talking, you made it sound as though they're taking the kids to the bars and booking them hotel rooms!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:58 PM

168 posts, read 529,975 times
One of the guys at bank has grandchildren that go there and said it was very good.
We visited a couple times, with and without cousins to see what they thought. Seemed very nice. I like the way the head lady needed keys to get in where they have the preschoolers and kindergarten ages. So it's not like strangers can be wandering about easy. The teachers we met were real nice. I think there is only one male teacher for that age group, the music teacher(who we didnt see), mostly all women. I don't know about the other age groups. The head guy we met once before at the event in the gym and they seem serious about schooling the children and about the Lord. And the admissions packet is pretty intense with questions as they want to see how the families will be and in the kids life, and if on the same page. I am so glad you made this thread cause I want to know anything anyone can tell about this school or anyone related also, but haven't got anything really on here.

And still haven't heard anything if anyone knows of good female pediatrician in or around New Braunfels either.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayalevi View Post
I am not sure that simply because a couple of girls *may* have been impregnated by boys means that it is a terrible school. The way you, perticusrex, were talking, you made it sound as though they're taking the kids to the bars and booking them hotel rooms!
yes thats exactly what i said.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdcampbell View Post
With all due respect perticusrex you are GOSSIPING!

My wife worked there for a few years, one of our children attended NBCA. I am a local pastor and we have several children and teens from our church that attend NBCA. I have in the past taught at a few Chapels. It is a Evangelical Christian school with two campuses and very some very Godly people in administration and teachers in the class room. There can be a few elitist families who bring a spirit of "I am better than you", but every school has that.

The elementary principal is an awesome leader and a very Godly woman. Visit and check it out...

Blessings

Thanks for chiming in, Pastor Keith.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 PM

168 posts, read 529,975 times
Hasn't anyone found anything else by now about this school? Any info about this or another school like it in New Braunfels, would be of great service. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:52 PM

3 posts, read 5,223 times
I'm holding my tongue on this one, but lets just say, be careful before applying to this school. Nice elementary campus, nice staff, especially the principal, but things can be wishy washy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: