Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 AM

272 posts, read 639,951 times

Advertisements

Don't judge all military kids by just a few individuals. That's just as ridiculous as judging an entire race by a few people. Being a military brat and wife , no matter where you are; some people know how to drive while others just don't get it. Se la vive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times
I think it has nothing to do with the military but the overall decay of our youth in general

Old 03-31-2010, 10:57 AM

615 posts, read 1,522,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I think it has nothing to do with the military but the overall decay of our youth in general
The youth decays from generation to generation. Do you think parents who grew up in the early 1900's would agree with what kids were doing in the in the 1950's with the advent of Rock and Roll?

Life progresses, so do our youth and culture. We all have to adapt to our new world in the 21st Century.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Life progresses, but our culture hit the skids! LOL, 'tis not a good thing.

Last edited by HillCountryHotRodMan; 03-31-2010 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 11:38 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I am still confused by the term "kids." Is the OP referring to dependents/family members of someone in the military, or just young people in uniform.

If the latter, I would take exception to the term; as despite their age, they are serving our country and don't need to be publically addressed as "kids!"

Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,136 times
"Well I decided I had to be the mature one, and just stared at them back."

How does that make you mature?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
If it happens offbase, you'd be better off reporting it to the SAPD, it is not a military matter and no commander would spend time looking into it as we don't have access to state vehicle records. However, if it is reported to the SAPD and they take action, then the individual's commander can do so as well.

On base the matter would most likely be over before the sky cops responded. It is a non-emergency situation and not exactly a huge priority. I witnessed an incident just last week that I won't divulge the details, but considering the circumstances I was amazed at how slow the response was.

And while I agree that I see morons in uniform driving like maniacs around here all the time, I also see even more non-military morons doing the same thing; so it isn't a phenomenon unique to those in uniform.

svg210, I am just curious as how you knew these were "military kids?" Are you talking about dependents...whoops, "family members;" or just young guys in uniform? I took your thread title as being the former; but if they were in uniform than it is a completely different matter.

Cheers! M2
No, they were young service men, driving a pickup with a loong silver trailer. the reason I called them kids, is because they acted like a bunch of kids. and I did not want to put them on par with the honorable and respectable service men, that proudly serve the country and not look for trouble.

ohh and this happened on Medina Base.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:36 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
Don't judge all military kids by just a few individuals. That's just as ridiculous as judging an entire race by a few people. Being a military brat and wife , no matter where you are; some people know how to drive while others just don't get it. Se la vive
yeah, I think I mentioned it on post number 7

Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thdout210 View Post
"Well I decided I had to be the mature one, and just stared at them back."

How does that make you mature?
He apparently didn't participate in their juvenile antics.....

Old 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I am still confused by the term "kids." Is the OP referring to dependents/family members of someone in the military, or just young people in uniform.

If the latter, I would take exception to the term; as despite their age, they are serving our country and don't need to be publically addressed as "kids!"
Being in the military is not an excuse to act like this and as such they may be referred to as "kids". Mature military members don't participate in such juvenile shenanigans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: