Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
On a sidenote, I think the wealthier and subdivisions part of the city should be more worried. Whenever I hear about cat mutiliations and animals being killed on the news It's ALWAYS on the north side of San Antonio. Very rarely do I ever hear about it on the East or West side.
Doubtful that it's reported if it is happening there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,474 times
I would have to agree with a few of the posts and go against the grabbing the dog from the people that have it.

Please remember that Texas has the Castle Doctrine and you are putting your life at risk. The property owner would be well within their rights and your side of the story may never even come out.

If the dog was not properly documented as yours I am afraid you are out of luck. It is not worth jail time or your life to get back a dog you cannot prove is yours.

If you can prove it is yours call ACS and the police and it can be sorted out in a day.

In agreement with other posts, there are too many people that let the dog out front to do its business without anyone going with it. One girl at our apartments here does it so she does not have to clean up her dogs mess since she isnt there. She has "lost/had her dog stolen" 3 times this year alone. Luckily someone in the complex usually finds it roaming around and they take it in and respond to her flyer. She has no collar on it because she says it always slips it off . She probably shouldn't own a dog.

Last edited by RoamingWolves; 04-02-2010 at 08:48 PM..

Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM

257 posts, read 533,803 times
Quote:
Very rarely do I ever hear about it on the East or West side.
Quote:
Doubtful that it's reported if it is happening there.
Trust me, it would be reported. We love our animals too. Why such the negative connotations for the East, West & sometimes South sides of SA?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
well, I would advice if the dog knows, and responds to you, why not pass by during the day, and try making it come to you even if he's behind the fence, I think a dog will know its owner. If it does then either talk to the "owner" or try to make the dog sneak out on its own.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post
Trust me, it would be reported. We love our animals too. Why such the negative connotations for the East, West & sometimes South sides of SA?
....I had a big response typed out and deleted it. You're right, I apologize. There is no use getting into this at 10 PM. Maybe tomorrow. Peace out girl scout.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:58 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
....I had a big response typed out and deleted it. You're right, I apologize. There is no use getting into this at 10 PM. Maybe tomorrow. Peace out girl scout.
AWWW the popcorn was ready

Old 04-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
AWWW the popcorn was ready
I'm out of wine. It's off-topic anyway. I think we already have some threads about animals and the west side. This thread is about the OP's lost or stolen dog.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Some posts above were deleted. It's terrific to want to be helpful, but it's the wrong kind of helpful and against the TOS to suggest solutions to the problem that violate the law. Let's make sure the recommendations are legal.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM

94 posts, read 361,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post
If it's not microchipped, you have NO proof it's yours. There are yorkies in ALL neighborhoods (I've worked all over the city), not just 'rich' neighborhoods. You are ignorant to say otherwise.

YOUR parents let him out....they didn't TAKE him out. I have never allowed any of my dogs to free roam, they are always on a leash. It is YOUR fault, or your parents that your dog is gone. Next time, take better care of your animal....or better yet, don't get any more animals.
If you read the title of the post it asks for help in my situation, not who to blame. Of course I wouldve done otherwise and it's IGNORANT to pass blame. And no where was it mentioned that my dogs were allowed to "free roam" like some sort of feral beasts. The connotative tone of your posting does little more than waste time and take up space on this board. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:50 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,028 times
have you tried talking to them? bring an officer with you. say "i believe you have my dog" and then attempt to call them with their name. if they know their name they will come to you and thats pretty much proof. you can even have the "owner" call him and if he doesn't come...well tough luck on them.

(and i know those yorkies are friggen smart and will remember you, my sister has one and its practically human except when it runs into the closed glass door repeatedly... then again I run into that glass door too...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio