U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,433,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Speaking of cheese at HEB, does anyone know which stores might still carry Gruyere? I can't find it at my local store and I have been saving a bottle of wine for some. Bummer.
The HEB+ at Evans/281 carries Gruyere. 281/1604 has had it before, but I do not know if I have seen it recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 06:34 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,081,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Blanco/1604 has also ditched their furniture in order to accomodate...drumroll please... CLOTHING

Seriously- please give me well stocked shelves (even on a Sunday), wide and clean aisles, and ample selection, and stick to typicla grocery store stuff!

I'm also ticked by the blanco/1604's recent changes. I go to H-E-B to buy food, not clothing, not toys and certainly not the new display of neon pink and blue frying pans. Show me the food and stop chipping away at the selection to add all this other crapoli!!!

It appears they are trying to look like the evans/281 store, which I absolutely hate and never shop at. Ugh.

And they did all that remodeling...but why oh why did they NOT move the meats next to the refridgerated stuff. Hate having to crisscross all through the store in order to get all my perishables last.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,290,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
And they did all that remodeling...but why oh why did they NOT move the meats next to the refridgerated stuff. Hate having to crisscross all through the store in order to get all my perishables last.
The crisscrossing is intentional - hoping that the crap you pass on the way to get to the other side of the store entices you to stop and buy it all. Stores are master planned, well thought out, researched, and nothing is every where it is by accident.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 PM

14,626 posts, read 31,207,708 times
Ya'll are still shopping at HEB. tsk tsk

ESPECIALLY you Stone Oakers.....Green Fields has GREAT prices on produce, and the meat is reasonable considering it's actually decent meat. WF is out of my way and admittedly much higher priced, but nice products, for sure. I'm just tired of HEB and HCF brands.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,824,855 times
OK, so where do you go to find strange cheeses now?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:48 PM

15,926 posts, read 7,176,920 times
Quote:
Speaking of cheese at HEB, does anyone know which stores might still carry Gruyere? I can't find it at my local store and I have been saving a bottle of wine for some. Bummer.
Well when you finally find the Gruyere and imbibe with you wine, let's hope you don't get a headache and have to pop in to the Bulverde HEB for some aspirin. They were down to just a few bottles of Bayer low dosage on Friday evening!

...............and they're planning on building a HEB plus out here!!! WTH??? Can't wait!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:51 PM

14,626 posts, read 31,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
OK, so where do you go to find strange cheeses now?
Me? I'm not a cheese-eater. Unless it's melted on a cheese pizza, I have no use for cheese.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:53 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,183,218 times
I don't know what the deal is with the pain medication. They have had signs up stating that there is a voluntary recall, but it's been that way for about a month and half now...

Every now and then I will pop over to the HEB on DeZavala to get some cheese, but have not been lately.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM

15,926 posts, read 7,176,920 times
Quote:
I don't know what the deal is with the pain medication. They have had signs up stating that there is a voluntary recall, but it's been that way for about a month and half now...
LoL, lot's of folks "in pain, or they be cutting their crank with it!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:50 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,824,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Me? I'm not a cheese-eater. Unless it's melted on a cheese pizza, I have no use for cheese.
I use it for cooking... oh well, guess I didn't have a whole lot of time for that anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio