Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 PM

138 posts, read 468,371 times

Advertisements

Is anyone out there knowledgeable regarding condo fee_ especially if you work for a management company? I am in Wyoming, have a condo in San Antonio Texas that I pay regularly a monthly condo fee. I was out of town for a little over two months, but still sent my March, April, May fees. The March one got lost. They notified me in April, which I responded to immediately. They did not get back with me as promised, so last week (May 7th), I wrote a letter explaining that I had sent the fee, showed a copy of the check carbon, and asked that the late fee be waived. (I have never been late with the fee). I sent a second check to cover February with the letter. Now they say they will waive 'one month late fee', and are saying that I am three months late! They say that the April 1st payment was for February, the May 1st was for April! I don't understand, but I think this must be illegal, isn't it? Or can they get away with this? I hope this makes sense, and I hope there is a person who knows about these things. The moderator might move this to another site as he/she whishes, but please let me know where you may have moved it to! I am going nuts, as I am so far away, and feel like I am getting the shaft! You can pm me if you'd like. Thanks

Old 05-14-2007, 09:47 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc53 View Post
Is anyone out there knowledgeable regarding condo fee_ especially if you work for a management company? I am in Wyoming, have a condo in San Antonio Texas that I pay regularly a monthly condo fee. I was out of town for a little over two months, but still sent my March, April, May fees. The March one got lost. They notified me in April, which I responded to immediately. They did not get back with me as promised, so last week (May 7th), I wrote a letter explaining that I had sent the fee, showed a copy of the check carbon, and asked that the late fee be waived. (I have never been late with the fee). I sent a second check to cover February with the letter. Now they say they will waive 'one month late fee', and are saying that I am three months late! They say that the April 1st payment was for February, the May 1st was for April! I don't understand, but I think this must be illegal, isn't it? Or can they get away with this? I hope this makes sense, and I hope there is a person who knows about these things. The moderator might move this to another site as he/she whishes, but please let me know where you may have moved it to! I am going nuts, as I am so far away, and feel like I am getting the shaft! You can pm me if you'd like. Thanks

wow, dc53, unfortunately, I have no advice or insight, but I just wanted to let you know I can empathize with how 'ripped off' you must be feeling. Sounds like maybe you need to get a live person on the phone, convince them to be your ally in getting this mixup resolved.
I know exactly how you feel; that sense of having no control whatsoever over your own finances and having no ally, no resource to turn to ....

Good luck to you!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 PM

Default condo

Thanks for the support- I have talked to the management company several times- they are the ones who were supposed to get back to me about April 15th, didn't, so I wrote a letter to the board on May 7th. They are in the business to collect mony, so they will try to get as much as they can, legal or not. I think I will pay the fee, then try to get with the appropriate people in Bexar County. Are you in SA? I looked up the Attorney General for Texas, and it says it does not help with individual cases- do you know who I would try to contact? Thanks

Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,778,988 times
DC, you might want to go to the City Data- Real Estate Professionals Forums here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...professionals/

Maybe someone there can help.
Take care,
MBG

Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Default condo

OK- I will go to that site- thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio