U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM
 
420 posts, read 1,013,912 times
Reputation: 208

Advertisements

the ksat website had gotten pretty ugly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 PM
 
1,933 posts, read 3,234,469 times
Reputation: 1941
My sincerest sympathies and prayers go out to the families of these teens. As a mom we can only wish and pray for our children to remain babies forever and as they grow we can only trust in them and God as they venture out in this world regardless of good or bad. No parent should have to bury their child no matter how the death occurred. Although I may not know them personally, Kev please pass on my utmost sympathies to your buddy and his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Here
10,864 posts, read 11,908,345 times
Reputation: 5981
They were friggin' teenagers folks! Teens have been skipping school and driving bad for decades. I know I did and and I'm sure a lot of those whining about these kids skipping class/driving reckless had done the same back in their high school days.

From a past Boerne HS grad who skipped class several times to hit the skate park on Perrin Beitel, I say R.I.P boys!

Last edited by 01Snake; 04-14-2010 at 09:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 09:10 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,149 posts, read 9,305,674 times
Reputation: 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
They were friggin' teenagers folks! Teens have been skipping school and driving bad for decades. I know I did and and I'm sure a lot of those whining about these kids skipping class/driving reckless had done the same back in their high school days.

From a past Boerne HS grad who skipping class several times to hit the skate park on Perrin Beitel, I say R.I.P boys!
Amen. There are many times I, and just about every other teenage boy, did stupid things that could have killed us. I'm thankful for every day I have here on this earth, because I should have been dead with some of the decisions I made.

Teenagers have always been reckless, because they don't understand how fragile life is. Something good will come out of all this. There's now thousands of students at local SA and Boerne schools that have been slapped in the face with this, and I'm sure it'll save some lives, as many will alter their actions and perhaps think before doing something stupid. We can only pray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 14 days ago)
 
14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Reputation: 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Amen. There are many times I, and just about every other teenage boy, did stupid things that could have killed us. I'm thankful for every day I have here on this earth, because I should have been dead with some of the decisions I made.

Teenagers have always been reckless, because they don't understand how fragile life is. Something good will come out of all this. There's now thousands of students at local SA and Boerne schools that have been slapped in the face with this, and I'm sure it'll save some lives, as many will alter their actions and perhaps think before doing something stupid. We can only pray.
Don't forget about those of us that were teenage girls. I cringe at many of the things I remember doing, and others have filled in the blanks for the things I forgot doing. Kids are dumb, think they're invincible, and it does sometimes take a tragedy like this to get them to realize they are not. In my senior year of high school, a classmate was killed about 2 blocks from her home, late on a Saturday night, after drinking heavily at a party. I still remember that morning we found out, like it was yesterday.....it haunted many of us for years. Her mother NEVER recovered from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Here
10,864 posts, read 11,908,345 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Amen. There are many times I, and just about every other teenage boy, did stupid things that could have killed us. I'm thankful for every day I have here on this earth, because I should have been dead with some of the decisions I made.
While I do have better judgment now, I still, on occasion, do some pretty dumb things. Chalk it up to a love of high horsepower cars and crotch rockets. Sometimes the rush is simply too hard to resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Smalltown, USA
3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Reputation: 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Don't forget about those of us that were teenage girls. I cringe at many of the things I remember doing, and others have filled in the blanks for the things I forgot doing. Kids are dumb, think they're invincible, and it does sometimes take a tragedy like this to get them to realize they are not. In my senior year of high school, a classmate was killed about 2 blocks from her home, late on a Saturday night, after drinking heavily at a party. I still remember that morning we found out, like it was yesterday.....it haunted many of us for years. Her mother NEVER recovered from it.

I pray everyday that my kids don't do the stupid crap that I did in high school. Most of my idiotic decisions were made with my husband (boyfriend at the time) right beside me. I guess that is why we cringe everytime our kids walk out the door.

We skipped a lot of school to play pool at Rocky J's and alcohol was usually involved .

01Snake, I hear ya man. Sometimes the kid just comes out in all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top