Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM

759 posts, read 3,689,882 times

Advertisements

Considering we're not the most eco-conscious city, I thought I would share my new find It's called Rockin' Green and here is the website: Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper Detergent- cloth diaper safe detergents, cloth diaper detergent, detergent for cloth diapers, cloth diaper and laundry detergent

I actually use cloth diapers and this detergent is awesome on them! Much, much better than the stuff I was previously using. Just thought I would share, since I love the idea of supporting a local business.

And Mods- in no way is this my company, nor do I profit in any way from this. I just like to support the moms and pops of our town and I was so pleasantly surprised to discover this was made in our city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Checked out the site and I got a chuckle from the product called Classic Rock.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:53 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
You can make your own too! I have made mine with soda ash (Arm & Hammer makes it, called "Washing Soda"), fels/naptha soap that's been grated, borax, and lavender oil. My sheets smell divine!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
fels/naptha soap
Do they sell @ HEB or anywhere else locally?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:03 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
You can make your own too! I have made mine with soda ash (Arm & Hammer makes it, called "Washing Soda"), fels/naptha soap that's been grated, borax, and lavender oil. My sheets smell divine!

Sounds interesting do you have a "recipe" that your willing to share?

Thanks for the link Lauren, I like to support local businesses too.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I haven't checked yet. I bought mine from Amazon.com--but I have been told it has been spotted at Wal-Mart. You can also find Colgate Octagon online and Zote Laundry Bar at Wal-Mart--maybe even HEB (the Zote, I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Sounds interesting do you have a "recipe" that your willing to share?
This is it:

1 bar of pure soap, Fels-Naptha, Octagon, or Zote --grated (I try to use a med-fine setting on my grater)
2 c. borax
2 c. washing soda
10-15 drops of essential oil (lavender, orange, lemon, rosemary, etc)

Mix all together--store in a container. Use 1-2 coffee scoops' worth (aka 1/8 c scoop) in each large laundry load.

I made a few jars for friends last year for birthdays. I tried combining different scents, the favorite by far was chamomile and lavender. Very nice on the sheets. You can also make your own "scented dryer sheets" if you use unscented Bounce sheets and put just one tiny drop of oil on it. Rub it around on the sheet, and throw it in. Don't use too much though or it could get on your clothing or sheets. I would eventually like to line dry my sheets though...

Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Their website says they sell it at Bloom Maternity (555 E. Basse Rd., Suite 110).

Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 AM

Thanks to all for the locations to find the goods!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:43 AM

11 posts, read 20,999 times
My wife also began making her own soap using the similar ingridients. It has helped out great in our budget. It is like 20cents or less per load comparing it to the market brands and other brands. She usually makes a painters bucket full load and lasts a little over three months. we originally spent about $10 buying evrything neede to make it, but we have re did it twice with the same ingredients and still have anough to make a 3rd batch. She uses Zote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio