U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM

42 posts, read 94,173 times

Advertisements

I think I have finally found the place. I am ready to send my money and sign my lease with the Townhomes at West Creek. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the area or the apartments themselves. I heard that they are under new management. I am excited to finally have a place. Please let me know so I can quit bugging everyone on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,340,699 times
Are they the ones right at 1604/Military? If so, don't do it. That place is full of section 8 trash. Many of the problems in Westcreek stem from that place and most of us that have lived in WC for a while do not appreciate that place being around. It would be nice if some good people moved in, but I can't recommend it to anyone.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:41 PM

968 posts, read 2,192,009 times
if you do a search on this forum there is a thread about the buglaries in those townhomes. i thought about moving there too...sorry

Edit: hmmm, i think you really need to read this thread.

Villages of Westcreek

lots of drama in west creek, are you sure you want to join that? HOA's HOW, drama, buglaries, (sigh) i know i wouldn't.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:49 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,470,397 times
Take a drive thru during different hours: weekends, at night, etc. and after that, make a decision. Go with your gut instinct. This goes for any place you may be considering.
I remember looking at homes with our realtor and we saw 2 broken windows of cars parked in the street (There's a garage but not sure why it's not being used if its the homeowner). The house was brand new and that changed my mind.
I live in a tax credit property (only people who make under a certain income can live there; not section 8) and its surprisingly quiet in my section at all hours. In the other sections, its noisier because of the kids running around! Every once in a great while, you get a visitor who blasts their music and a resident gives them the stink eye. Biggest issue is one small trash dumpster for so many residents. People throw trash around my unit/building but maintenance since new management has been swift about keeping it clean. If not, I pick up the stuff near my unit. You can see the broom sweep line in front of my unit where I sweep up the dryer lint from the vent. Look around and see how this is handled. Ask the leasing person and see if they give you a quick answer. Usually the noise/drama/complaints stem from the 3 bedroom units. The 1 bedroom units seem to be quieter, at least in my complex.
Good luck!

Last edited by skeet09; 04-14-2010 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Added some more info

Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 PM

42 posts, read 94,173 times
I do appreciate the link, but that it talking about all of the homeowners in the area. I understand crime is everywhere, but you have to take steps to help keep yourself safe. Thank goodness I am renting...there was so much drama on that thread that I thought I was reading a script for a soap opera. I guess I need to do some more research, but I can't let some disgruntled home owners make my decision. I am looking forward to see if there are any other people who have lived there.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmandy View Post
I do appreciate the link, but that it talking about all of the homeowners in the area. I understand crime is everywhere, but you have to take steps to help keep yourself safe..
You may want to check out this unit: Apartment Security | Wireless Home Security System | DIY Alarm Security system for an apartment that requires no land line, no contract, monitoring is about $15/month and you take it with you when you move. I have it for our apartment and when we move to our home, we will just need to buy extra window sensors to add to our package.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,340,699 times
The thread on the actual Westcreek neighborhood was not a good idea. That mentions some crime, but mostly HOA drama that should be over with in the very near future. The neighborhood itself is just fine and crime is minimal. Those townhomes are a whole 'nother story. I have been in there, my son lived there with his GF's mom, and I see the cops going in there all the time. It is not a thing like the neighborhood near it, it is MUCH worse. It is one of those bad section 8 neighborhoods and not all of them are bad. I probably should have clarified that earlier. My kids live in one right now and it is not a thing like these particular townhomes. I highly encourage the OP to drive through and get a vibe for the place. I can almost guarantee that will make you not want to move there. Besides, they are very expensive if you don't qualify for the subsidized rent. A former coworker was looking there and they quoted her a crazy high price because she made too much money.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 PM

6,165 posts, read 8,644,019 times
The OP cannot win. I steered her away from the Perrin Bietel area and now y'all are steering her away from this one. Man. There has to be a perfect place...somewhere!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:46 PM

Just pick the complex that gets on your nerves the less is how I made my choice, lol.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,710,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Are they the ones right at 1604/Military? If so, don't do it. That place is full of section 8 trash. Many of the problems in Westcreek stem from that place and most of us that have lived in WC for a while do not appreciate that place being around. It would be nice if some good people moved in, but I can't recommend it to anyone.

Westcreek in general is bad enough...but this place? OP would be out of her mind to move there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio