Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,609,828 times

Advertisements

This thread needs to be closed, there are lots of other concerns in this world that merit our attention not this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,969,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
This thread needs to be closed, there are lots of other concerns in this world that merit our attention not this one.
Yes, then let's close the restaurant threads, the car wash threads, the hairdresser threads (OK not that one ) but all of them are trivial compared to what should be concerning us in the world. Lighten up.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM

927 posts, read 1,387,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yes, then let's close the restaurant threads, the car wash threads, the hairdresser threads (OK not that one ) but all of them are trivial compared to what should be concerning us in the world. Lighten up.
Zhug's right. Of all the stupid threads this board seems to spawn this has to rank as one of the worst.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,969,633 times
In your opinion, he's right. You meant. And you really shouldn't click and comment if you're so adamant about it being wrong. Just blow it off.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:19 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,339,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post

So, I personally do have a problem with these kinds of places. In my opinion, they invite the wrong kind of people into a neighborhood. That's how I feel and while that ACI place isn't across the street from me...it's still in the area and I don't like it nor do I want it anywhere quite frankly. I will stand by what I believe in that they put that place where those men were caught and even the ACI place in poorer neighborhoods because they knew they could get away with it in those areas and that's what's plain sad.
Well...ya better call the Parks and Recreation department in the morning. City parks in any city are prime real estate for pervs....OLMOS PARK being one of the popular ones. Guess they give bigger tips there ....I dunno. Take your blinders off. The wrong kind of people? What is that? Check out the sex offender link.....you might have one next door. Money homogenizes people I suppose?.......ignorance abounds.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
As a friend once said, "if I drop a dollar on the floor, I leave it. If a twenty, I would have a major decision to make."
Oh,dots are money? I never knew.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Yep, you're right, I have 500,000 to buy a home in Alamo Heights. I should just get up and move out right now! NOT. For the priviledged in San Antonio who can afford lusicious neighborhoods and the BEST schools in San Antonio....that's great for them. But for the majority who cannot, your comment is extremely unrealistic.

Others may run and flee but that's them. I like it where I live and I'm definitely not crying a river.

Yeah...you are kinda crying a river. There are a LOT of perverts in this city that don't frequent that kind of establishment. To single out any neighborhood as being "perv" free is just dumb. I think you need to listen to the news more often and map out these incidents on a big map of Bexar county on your wall. You might sleep better knowing that Terrell Hills or Monte Vista has a few dirty old perverts.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:05 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,401,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Yeah...you are kinda crying a river. There are a LOT of perverts in this city that don't frequent that kind of establishment. To single out any neighborhood as being "perv" free is just dumb. I think you need to listen to the news more often and map out these incidents on a big map of Bexar county on your wall. You might sleep better knowing that Terrell Hills or Monte Vista has a few dirty old perverts.
You missed my ENTIRE point. The point is that poorer neighborhoods have these establishments because it would NEVER be allowed in wealthier suburbs. THAT'S MY POINT.

Please don't insult my intelligence as I'm not stupid to think that there are no "perverts" in wealther places. Of course they're everywhere.

Oh and yes I already know of those sex offenders living in the 78212 I've done a thorough search on there.

Last edited by xsa210tx; 04-18-2010 at 07:35 PM..

Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,401,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Well...ya better call the Parks and Recreation department in the morning. City parks in any city are prime real estate for pervs....OLMOS PARK being one of the popular ones. Guess they give bigger tips there ....I dunno. Take your blinders off. The wrong kind of people? What is that? Check out the sex offender link.....you might have one next door. Money homogenizes people I suppose?.......ignorance abounds.
Um, my blinders aren't on. Don't assume. I've actually looked at the sex offender website recently and several years ago when I first heard about the database on the news.

The topic was about SEX ESTABLISHMENTS that "business owners" set up shop in neighborhoods and not about parks. I didn't even talk about parks as that's completely different and irrelevant.

ALL people and families go to public parks and yes even weirdos. But do young children go to bathhouses and sex establishments with their parents?>> NO. Of course, not.

Apples and oranges, there.

Last edited by xsa210tx; 04-18-2010 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 PM

18,078 posts, read 25,181,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
... Just wait when you are so old and still want it - you might change your point of view
Now we know how old you are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio