Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM

239 posts, read 442,294 times

Advertisements

Im going through this right now. Except mine is that the car was down (broken transmission) for quite a while. My uncle fixed it for me and before I had a chance to get my sitcker done i was stopped in Shavano Park. I told the officer I just had it fixed but he still gave me a ticket. My court date is 3/15 so i hope the judge will excuse it but I am not holding my breath (the sticker was over 6 months expired).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
If you can show the judge a receipt for the inspection being done that day, then he'll likely dismiss it. He likely will anyway as long as you can show it's been inspected by the court date. ANY time you have an expired inspection and are enroute to getting it inspected, advise the officer of that - they'll often just let you off with a verbal....just don't screw around and think "I'll do it tomorrow", because you might run across that same officer before you get it done - and then they'll not only have NO mercy, but they'll note on the citation that they'd previously stopped you!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,692 times
I had a cop try and give me a ticket for an expired inspection sticker... until I pointed out I had out of state plates.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM

239 posts, read 442,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
If you can show the judge a receipt for the inspection being done that day, then he'll likely dismiss it. He likely will anyway as long as you can show it's been inspected by the court date. ANY time you have an expired inspection and are enroute to getting it inspected, advise the officer of that - they'll often just let you off with a verbal....just don't screw around and think "I'll do it tomorrow", because you might run across that same officer before you get it done - and then they'll not only have NO mercy, but they'll note on the citation that they'd previously stopped you!

Oh yeah I got it done very quickly after I was stopped so I have proof that it was done already. Thanks for the reply!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,555,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I am wondering about a situation so here is the example. You have an inspection sticker that is labelled March 2012. If I can wait until 5 days after it expires, that is from April 1-5, would my new sticker be labelled April 2013 or will they give me a March 2013 regardless?

If it is an April 2013 sticker I would get then if I waited until May 2013 for the next inspection and then waited for June 2014 and did this for 10 years, would I get a free year?
Yep. We (inadvertently) have added about 6 months over the years to one car. Another car, I did it on purpose, to get the registration and inspection months to match.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
I had a cop try and give me a ticket for an expired inspection sticker... until I pointed out I had out of state plates.
PLEASE tell me which jurisdiction that was in....

Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
PLEASE tell me which jurisdiction that was in....
Why, what exactly are you going to do with that information?!?

But if you're on such a crusade, then please go to France (the country) as I was stopped there in 2002 for not having a front license plate! Since the car had just arrived in Europe days earlier, I still had Florida plates (which are only on the back). That didn't stop the police from stopping me.

Go get 'em, tiger!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:39 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,158 times
I haven't read all the posts but this what happened to me. My dad gave me his 1979 Oldsmobile around 1998. It was a TANK but it ran good. 350 V8 Quadra Jet with a Hydromatic Tranny. Just like a CORVETTE! I just drove it to work everyday until a cop pulled me over about the expired Inspection sticker. I told I was just driving it until it quit and didn't see any reason to spend money on it. He wrote me a ticket and I went to a guy I know who will inspect and pass ANYTHING. He passed my VW and it didn't even have a windshield! (YET!) It was really no big deal if you don't mind waiting in lines. Just bring a book!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
ANY time you have an expired inspection and are enroute to getting it inspected, advise the officer of that - they'll often just let you off with a verbal....!
I would dispute this. People always seem to be "on their way..." to get something fixed when the are pulled over.

If the sticker is a day or two past the date (and 5 day grace)....maybe.

If it is three months later, an Officer isnt going to buy that on this day at this time, he caught you as your were "on your way...' to get it fixed.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
Sometimes people have valid reasons for either violations or what appear to be violations.

The Police are in a very task saturated environement. We dont see everything all the time. Your story shows that the system works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: