U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,937,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yes, but does it have a phone nook?
Funny you should ask!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM

151 posts, read 260,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Funny you should ask!
Very cute!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,782,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
C'mon! You're making big money. "Unaffordable" shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. (looking back, it wouldn't have been a wise decision to buy at that time anyway...unless you could have ridden it out until a rebound.)
Yeah, but because you can buy something doesn't mean it's a good deal. When flippers were buying up 1950s houses that were hood-adjacent, putting in granite+stainless in the kitchen and painting the place while doing nothing about any of the structural/electrical/plumbing issues and trying to sell for $50-100K more than they bought for - that was my sign that the market was completely out of whack and that prices were temporary. I have no idea when the northwest will come back to 2007 levels... my guess is it's still several years away. Condos have been hit especially hard because construction quality went down the toilet and the building fees are high to make up for unsold units.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,687,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Yeah, but because you can buy something doesn't mean it's a good deal. When flippers were buying up 1950s houses that were hood-adjacent, putting in granite+stainless in the kitchen and painting the place while doing nothing about any of the structural/electrical/plumbing issues and trying to sell for $50-100K more than they bought for - that was my sign that the market was completely out of whack and that prices were temporary. I have no idea when the northwest will come back to 2007 levels... my guess is it's still several years away. Condos have been hit especially hard because construction quality went down the toilet and the building fees are high to make up for unsold units.
Condos are usually the first hit...and the last to recover as well. Seen that before.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:43 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,782,388 times
Socal around 1991? One of our records techs got owned last time around over there. Said it was the same thing back then as it was now only the numbers weren't so big.

If I had more time to look into it I'd guess there might be money to be made in South Florida condos (big towers) right now. Not sure about the taxes and insurance though, and how much longer until the rental market will come back to support it. Honestly some parts of SA through Austin aren't doing bad either.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:26 AM

2,882 posts, read 4,332,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
That is a totally cool house GWhopper! What area is that in?
It's outside 1604 near UTSA.

A week after we moved in, I went into the garage and there was this long, at least 2 1/2 feet, and very thick ribbon snake sitting in the middle of it. I pushed it out with a stick, then told my wife about it when she got home. SHe goes to work at 5:00am. For a whole week she would wake me up and make me go look in the garage for the snake before she would go to work. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 AM

3 posts, read 3,016 times
thats nice,i so want my house to have all those built ins

Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 AM

5,142 posts, read 11,438,578 times
GWhopper: I like the design of it; hope you have no more snake troubles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or