U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
 
615 posts, read 1,325,081 times
Reputation: 416

Advertisements

So, the wife received a speeding ticket on Friday of last week. We were looking at the Court Date today so I could request the time off from work to watch the kids, and it's on a Sunday.

According to the Court House hours of operation, court isn't open on Sunday.

We tried to call the number on the website and the ticket, but no one answers, it's just an automated response.

Any suggestions?

 
Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 9,688,610 times
Reputation: 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
So, the wife received a speeding ticket on Friday of last week. We were looking at the Court Date today so I could request the time off from work to watch the kids, and it's on a Sunday.

According to the Court House hours of operation, court isn't open on Sunday.

We tried to call the number on the website and the ticket, but no one answers, it's just an automated response.

Any suggestions?
Busted already? You haven't lived there more than a few weeks, no?
 
Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 PM
 
615 posts, read 1,325,081 times
Reputation: 416
Thanks for the helpful response FCF! It's those damn school zones all over the place. They pulled over 6 cars all doing 41 in a 20 I guess.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 PM
 
5,634 posts, read 13,937,343 times
Reputation: 2730
What are you trying to find out?

I got a ticket and was able to do it all via mail. Let me warn you, though, if you plan to do defensive driving online, it's going to be VERY TIME CONSUMING. If there's one thing that will prevent me from getting another ticket in the future, it's the thought of having to go through that all over again.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
 
615 posts, read 1,325,081 times
Reputation: 416
I'm trying to find out how she's supposed to appear in court to defend herself, if it's closed on Sundays, and her appear in court date is a Sunday.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 PM
 
Location: West Creek
1,720 posts, read 4,004,958 times
Reputation: 784
just swing by any day before your court date, make sure you go to the traffic court on N Frio.

Typically the officer puts 15 days from your original citation date. if you want a court date and the officer doesnt happen to be there the day you go, your going to have to request a face to face with the officer. but your chances of winning are a long shot, especially for speeding. Good luck!
 
Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,095,805 times
Reputation: 4435
Yeah, especially if it was in a school zone. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone caught speeding in one; especially if it was 41 in a 20!
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM
 
615 posts, read 1,325,081 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Yeah, especially if it was in a school zone. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone caught speeding in one; especially if it was 41 in a 20!
Wasn't asking for Sympathy, was asking for information on what to do for a ticket that states a Sunday court date when there isn't such one.

And to be quite honest, the School Zones out here are not clearly labeled. She was following the flow of traffic, and 6 people (including her) were pulled over at the same time. Not saying it's not her fault, because it is, but there are huge inconsistencies with the enforcement of school zones.

For example, off of Binz-Engleman road, the Middle School has flashing lights for when school zones are active. Only about half of the time are they actually turned on, during real school zone hours.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
 
107 posts, read 245,962 times
Reputation: 83
recently i got a ticket for speeding and the court date ended up being on new years day. the officer told me they would mail me a new court date and that the computer just spits out a date regardless of the actual calendar day it falls on. long story shorter i went the day before to find out what was going on with my ticket and had to go to court then and there.

they have a little information desk you have to go to first before getting into the actual courtrooms so drop in when you can and ask them what to do. there is also absolutely no way to contact them via telephone, flat out. not an exaggeration, there isnt a option on the automated part to talk to an operator and 0 starts it over.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 PM
 
615 posts, read 1,325,081 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Yeah, especially if it was in a school zone. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone caught speeding in one; especially if it was 41 in a 20!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxan View Post
recently i got a ticket for speeding and the court date ended up being on new years day. the officer told me they would mail me a new court date and that the computer just spits out a date regardless of the actual calendar day it falls on. long story shorter i went the day before to find out what was going on with my ticket and had to go to court then and there.

they have a little information desk you have to go to first before getting into the actual courtrooms so drop in when you can and ask them what to do. there is also absolutely no way to contact them via telephone, flat out. not an exaggeration, there isnt a option on the automated part to talk to an operator and 0 starts it over.
Hey, thanks a lot. I'll try and get time off on Friday and have her go in then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top