U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM

3,970 posts, read 4,312,056 times
Let 'em wallow in the mess they made.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
RGJ

1,898 posts, read 2,550,158 times
I can see it now.....

"You all can go to Hell. I'm going to Texas" Davey Crockett

Old 05-13-2010, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFromLa2010 View Post
I know this is personal, but can you provide an approx. salary range for what a Senior Internal Auditor and/or audit manager makes? Are six figure salaries realistic? if so, what city? Your input is greatly appreciated and most helpful. Thanks a bunch!
In S.A. I would say its about 85-95..

Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM

18 posts, read 23,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFromLa2010 View Post
I know this is personal, but can you provide an approx. salary range for what a Senior Internal Auditor and/or audit manager makes? Are six figure salaries realistic? if so, what city? Your input is greatly appreciated and most helpful. Thanks a bunch!
A six figure salary for a senior auditor? I don't think so. But for a manager? Possibly, depending on experience/years in the role. Ever consider making the leap to industry? Big 4 experience is a plus when making the move, and there are plenty of industry jobs here - Valero, Tesoro, NuStar, Rackspace, USAA. And yeah, the salaries in SA are going to be lower than other parts of the country, but as others have said, the cost of living here is also very low. 3000-4000 sq foot homes that would cost millions in other parts of the country are significantly cheaper here.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
True dat!! Which is why anyone with two brain cells is leaving while they can. Even those that have been loyal to the state for years and years are looking for somewhere where they can breath the air, live in peace and avoid the civil unrest that looms with the state budget imploding on itself. Not happy to see ANYONE have to go thru that. There will be huge problems when retirement/insurance/social services are cut...and unless someone we all know and loves decides to write the check to bail them out, it is only a matter of time....
Like I said..people who "have a few bucks" will always live in California. Sorry to see such small minded folks in SA.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 PM

5,733 posts, read 8,702,610 times
Sure hope you and the other "loaded" folk still feel the same way over the next few years...good to know someone is willing to foot the bill. The rest of us will enjoy the small minded, financially sound liberties of the GREAT state of Texas!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Sure hope you and the other "loaded" folk still feel the same way over the next few years...good to know someone is willing to foot the bill. The rest of us will enjoy the small minded, financially sound liberties of the GREAT state of Texas!
Everything will be fine. There are plenty of us that can afford it. Some folks are just not savvy enough to see it out there.
I'll enjoy my beach, great weather and tremendous landscape thank you very much!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:54 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,214,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I think it's all gonna drop! We are sooooo off topic!
Well, I think what San Antonio desperately needs is a sense of humor. Back on!

Oops, wrong thread... okay, we are talking about wealth I think. So wealth may not just be money. You can have a wealth of knowledge, or a wealth of good humor and be happy right where you are.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:32 PM

3,705 posts, read 4,938,083 times
a wealth of beer

Old 05-13-2010, 11:42 PM

21 posts, read 15,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
No. It's a runnimg joke because FCF incorrectly assumes that you must speak Spanish to live in SA.

It is just one of numerous incorrect opinions he has about this city. If you look through this forum, you will see his comments are usually contested and many consider Moderator cut: off-topic/personal, substitute "his posts" to be a bad source of information about SA, myself included.

Take everything he says with a grain of salt!

Cheers! M2
No worries. Just want to be sure to find out as much as I can before me and my family make our move. All input from everybody is greatly appreciated. And to be honest, although I'm a Calif. native, my entire family (mom, Dad, cousins are all Texan natives, home grown) So I'm just going back to where my roots were planted. Since I'm a Cali native, I just want to here what other Texan's have to say about their homeland other than my family. Thanks a bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio