Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 AM

810 posts, read 1,418,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFromLa2010 View Post
I know this is personal, but can you provide an approx. salary range for what a Senior Internal Auditor and/or audit manager makes? Are six figure salaries realistic? if so, what city? Your input is greatly appreciated and most helpful. Thanks a bunch!
Not in SA. Try Dallas.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:42 AM

7,105 posts, read 11,747,687 times
Well, V&H, what's wrong with being proud of your home town? I think it's a Good Thing - but then again, since you're from Dallas and browsing the SA forums...
San Antonio *IS* a "poor" city in terms of average income - there's simply no getting around that. That's one of the reasons I've spent decades screaming every time the SA City Council approved spending designed to "increase tourism" - there's just no money in changing sheets and serving food. We've long needed manufacturing and technology jobs, and they are *finally* starting to appear - but we've still got a long way to go.
Then again, SA is probably one of the friendliest and non-parochial large cities in the country. Folks tend to smile and say "Hi!" a lot easier than in other major metro areas, and tell me what other cities can have such huge public parties with so little conflict/fighting?
As to "progressiveness"....well, some of your Dallas media jocks got themselves into some pretty hot water (not to mention Mr. Cuban) with some of their "progressive" cracks about SA and its' citizens as they took shots at their heritage. If that's the kind of humor you find "progressive", please leave me out. I find that folks in SA are fully capable of giving honest insights to the strengths and weaknesses of the community - but when all someone wants to do is take cheap shots, then yeah - batten down the hatches, m'friend, because the storm's a-comin'!!
I'm 4th-generation German - my paternal great grandfather immigrated through Indianola in the 1800's - my maternal side were some of the original German immigrants into New Braunfels. I love the area, have declined any number of offers to relocate for better pay/opportunities - and don't regret it.
Despite the faults, this is H O M E. A foreign concept to some, perhaps a bit old-fashioned - but I can walk through areas of San Antonio and point out bridges, churches and other things that my family either built, donated, or helped with. To me, heritage IS important.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,709,195 times
I'm not sure what people expect when they come on a San Antonio board and begin by being critical. If "other ideas and progressivness" is what San Antonio needs, and its' the opinion of people from other areas of the country that are in trouble, then sorry. We're doing just fine.

Sure seems to be a lot of people and companies moving to San Antonio for one reason or another.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Sure seems to be a lot of people and companies moving to San Antonio for one reason or another.
Kinda like watchin' the guy knee-deep in sewage tryin' to dig the hole deeper, eh?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,781,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Two things : "Military" and "Cheap Labor".

Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Folks, this isn't the Chamber of Commerce message board and it's not against the rules of City-Data to post negative things about a place. Any member who's clever enough to start a relocation thread is almost certainly clever enough to sort out posts in that thread with conflicting information. If the OP has questions about conflicting info, the OP can ask them. Just make sure that your posts are helpful and stop worrying so much about whether other members' opinions are correct.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Two things : "Military" and "Cheap Labor".
Beats "high taxes" and "expensive real estate"!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:02 PM

427 posts, read 1,169,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Pfffffffft!!! Both can be easily offset by legalizing marijuana!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
Pfffffffft!!! Both can be easily offset by legalizing marijuana!
...and the jail overcrowding could be offset by decriminalizing murder, rape and robbery! Wanna try that?

Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,781,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
If one "has a few bucks" neither really matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio