U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 AM

21 posts, read 23,133 times

Advertisements

We are a 40 something professional couple (Latino) who have been married for 24 yrs. We are California natives looking for a new start in Texas. We are planning to move as a soon as possible, and doing our due diligence, we want to know what are the job opportunities for an financial auditor with 10+ years experience {including big 4 experience(D&T)} in San Antonio? Extensive experience in city government.

What is the average salary? What companies are currently hiring?

We have 2 children, son 22, and daughter 8. It is very important that we live in a safe family oriented community with a great school district. Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Bo; 05-11-2010 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Modified location in two places to make thread on-topic for this forum.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:59 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,688,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFromLa2010 View Post
We are a 40 something professional couple (Latino) who have been married for 24 yrs. We are California natives looking for a new start in Texas. We are planning to move as a soon as possible, and doing our due diligence, we want to know what are the job opportunities for an financial auditor with 10+ years experience {including big 4 experience(D&T)} in Texas? Extensive experience in city government. What is the average salary? What companies are currently hiring? We have 2 children, son 22, and daughter 8. It is very important that we live in a safe family oriented community with a great school district. Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.
If I were you, I would not move to San Antonio. We made the move from North County San Diego and have gladly moved back. If you would like some commentary regarding the SA area, send me a DM. I'd be happy to share. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 AM

15,062 posts, read 19,610,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
If I were you, I would not move to San Antonio. We made the move from North County San Diego and have gladly moved back. If you would like some commentary regarding the SA area, send me a DM. I'd be happy to share. Good luck.
You forgot to ask them if they are fluent in Spanish

Old 05-11-2010, 07:58 AM

810 posts, read 1,245,454 times
Either Dallas or Houston would be your best fit for professionals like yourself. Both of those cities have more of a corporate presence than SA. Coming from LA, you will fit right in Dallas or Houston.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 AM

441 posts, read 791,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFromLa2010 View Post
We are a 40 something professional couple (Latino) who have been married for 24 yrs. We are California natives looking for a new start in Texas. We are planning to move as a soon as possible, and doing our due diligence, we want to know what are the job opportunities for an financial auditor with 10+ years experience {including big 4 experience(D&T)} in San Antonio? Extensive experience in city government.

What is the average salary? What companies are currently hiring?

We have 2 children, son 22, and daughter 8. It is very important that we live in a safe family oriented community with a great school district. Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.
I believe the financial sector is a Top 3 or 4 employer in SA. With regional offices from Wells Fargo and Chase along corporate giant USAA HQ in NW SA.

Btw, if you research all the post from firstclassflyer....there all negative about SA. Yet he continues to visit/post in our forum.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:40 AM

6,134 posts, read 8,587,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post

Don't forget that this is one person's opinion. I work with many people who have made the move from California to San Antonio and are very happy.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 AM

7,636 posts, read 8,083,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Don't forget that this is one person's opinion. I work with many people who have made the move from California to San Antonio and are very happy.
Kind of hard not to anymore. Almost like California is draining directly into San Antonio with all of the transplants.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,305,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post

Btw, if you research all the post from firstclassflyer....there all negative about SA. Yet he continues to visit/post in our forum.
Cause he WUVS us.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 PM

10 posts, read 15,703 times
Honestly, Texas does not need Californians to move here and bring their 'liberal' way of running things. Why is California in the toilet right now? It's been governed by liberals (both governors and the state legislature) by the Democrats for as long as I can remember (and Arnold is NOT a true conservative, so I'm not even buying that). I read a story the other day about Californians moving to Washington and bringing all their ways and ideas up there and now people in Spokane are not allowed to use DISH SOAP because it has too many phosphates. And now there is a big underground smuggling market for Cascade. CASCADE!!! I surely don't want that to happen to Texas. And this is coming from someone that grew up in Southern California (to my dismay).

Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,166,736 times
If you want to see what happens when Californians mass migrate to another state - go check out Utah. By Jove!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or