U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-16-2008, 05:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 7,048,837 times

Advertisements

Roberto's is a greasy spoon. Bleh.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:04 AM

734 posts, read 2,079,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Reviving this post again Today I drove by Los Robertos and was going to stop there for lunch after going to Walker Ranch Park. But I saw "West Coast Tacos" over by Fast Eddies in Embassy Oaks. I will have to give them more more try and special order my next one (no cheese - corn tortilla instead of flour) and see how they are. They are promising and the owner/chef/operator is very nice. Not quite Baja Fresh or Rubios yet - so I guess I have to go to Los Robertos now!
West Coast Taco is gone... so I guess I need to head to Los Robertos now!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM

37 posts, read 82,076 times
Default Amazing!

I found Los Robertos a couple days after I moved to town, being that I live right down the street. I can't get enough of their food! And although it has a little too much cinnamon and nutmeg, I always get the horchata! yummy!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM

12 posts, read 28,794 times
Myself, my girlfriend and her family are all from Southern California (most of them have been here over 5 years). We're going to be heading down to San Antonio to Los Albertos this Saturday, supposedly it's the only real Mexican food place in anywhere near Austin (no offense). Mouth is watering thinking about a Carne Asada Torta. Los Albertos is actually from San Diego (Chula Vista), it's awesome to see him open them up out here. I'm not a big fan of Tex-Mex.

By the way, I saw it referred to as "Baja Style" Baja Style is actually completely different. Baja Style food is like La Salsa, Rubios. It's like Meditteranian of Italian food, more sea food based, tastes different. Los Robertos is just Mexican food.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:19 PM

4,263 posts, read 7,048,837 times
Was in the area today and decided to try Los Robertos. Definitely reminded me of the SoCal Mexican places...hole in the wall type joints. It wasn't bad. We like the thick tortilla chips and spicy hot salsa..this place has 'em. Tortillas are fresh too. All in all, not bad. It's small and nothing fancy, but the food is solid.
Open 24 hours too.
As some of you know, my wife is from Jalisco...and even she remarked that she liked it. That says a lot to me, as she's quite picky about the Mex (or Tex-Mex) around here.

They have Menudo on Sat-Sun, but no Tamales.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
JNA

238 posts, read 497,963 times
Being originally from CA, I'm actually a big fan of Tex-Mex, but also like Baja style. This place definitely reminds me of the Baja style seen more often in CA. Great burritos, carne asada and fish tacos at reasonable prices. Being 24 hrs is an added bonus when in need of a late-night place.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 AM

865 posts, read 1,064,437 times
Los Robertos never touched me as Baja, but rather norteno Mex.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:37 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,006,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Was in the area today and decided to try Los Robertos. Definitely reminded me of the SoCal Mexican places...hole in the wall type joints. It wasn't bad. We like the thick tortilla chips and spicy hot salsa..this place has 'em. Tortillas are fresh too. All in all, not bad. It's small and nothing fancy, but the food is solid.
Open 24 hours too.
As some of you know, my wife is from Jalisco...and even she remarked that she liked it. That says a lot to me, as she's quite picky about the Mex (or Tex-Mex) around here.

They have Menudo on Sat-Sun, but no Tamales.
Menudo!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,106,633 times
How is there carne asada different then all the other mexican joints in town that serve it? And I've ate there before and thought it was just another tex-mex place. Nothing special.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:48 PM

469 posts, read 1,729,540 times
They don't have ground beef, only carne asada or shredded beef. There's no carne guisada and they don't use Velveta in their cheese encheladas. The first time I was served that out here I was absolutely horrified. They also have hot carrots, another non-TexMex thing. Other than there there are a lot of similarities. I don't know if he carne asada is an different than Tex Mex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio