U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM

60 posts, read 83,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post
I saw the story in question. They said that ticketing for not clearing the roadway if the cars are still functioning will now be enforced. it has been on the books for years. Now they are going to ticket for it. I found it funny that they are doing this at the same time they are looking at a budget shortfall.

They will probably get quite a few people on this for the next couple of years since everyone is so used to just sitting in the way while waiting for the cops.

In that case, it will only cause more insurance nightmare's.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 05:16 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,408,843 times
I think the focus of the news story is being misunderstood. They were saying when a police officer makes a traffic stop (this is not just SAPD, it is a State law), passing motorists must either a) move over at least one lane from the lane next to where the traffic stop is taking place, or b) if that is not possible, drop the speed to at least 20 mph below the posted speed as you pass the traffic stop (sse my post #6).

It was mentioned as a side note after the end of the story that motorist should also pull off the road to a safe place if they are involded in a minor accident and the vehicles are still drivable. I don't remeber hearing anything about citations being issued for failure to due so.

Here is a link to the story I saw:
KABB Fox San Antonio :: Top Stories

Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 PM

76 posts, read 17,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post
Now they are going to ticket for it. I found it funny that they are doing this at the same time they are looking at a budget shortfall
Those greedy pigs gave me my 1st speeding ticket today. I don't know what the hell they think I have money to just be giving away. Its bad enough that I have 50 million other things to pay around here, than to add that. I have driven 70 in a 55 on plenty of occassions with no issues. Yet here, they want you to drive speed limit so some drunk fool can smash into the back of your car.

Cops are nothing but thugs/bill collectors/prostitutes in a uniform.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,485,131 times
Really ????

Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 3,253,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KordovaJD View Post
This is good. It's important to the insurance aspect of driving as well. Even minor fender benders are expensive to fix. If the police assign blame to someone, then the insurance battles are largely settled.
The police don't assign the blame, the claims adjusters do.
The officer's focus is on civil traffic code violations.
The adjuster's focus is on liability issues. They investigate in FAR more detail than the officers do, even when a fatality is involved.

Trust me, it's true. We never ever ever ever simply read a police report and then make a liability decision. Not ever. The police report is useful to us in finding out names, addresses, phone numbers, locations of intersections, names of witnesses (if the drivers did not get witness info).

But never ever ever does an insurance company allow a police report to determine liability and claim handling. Never.

We have lots more questions than the officers do. They don't care who is paying for whose damage repair.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 PM

3,970 posts, read 4,312,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
Those greedy pigs gave me my 1st speeding ticket today. I don't know what the hell they think I have money to just be giving away. Its bad enough that I have 50 million other things to pay around here, than to add that. I have driven 70 in a 55 on plenty of occassions with no issues. Yet here, they want you to drive speed limit so some drunk fool can smash into the back of your car.

Cops are nothing but thugs/bill collectors/prostitutes in a uniform.
Dear Mistreated:

Speed limits are there for a reason. Ignore them, and the man with the blue and red lights will give you a reason to remember them. Think of it as a "firm reminder".

So...it's okay for YOU to call someone names, eh? Kinda reverse racism, no?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 PM

76 posts, read 17,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
So...it's okay for YOU to call someone names, eh? Kinda reverse racism, no?
No. I've heard far worse terms used to describe cops....

Old 05-18-2010, 05:39 AM

3,970 posts, read 4,312,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
No. I've heard far worse terms used to describe cops....
So, because you've heard worse, what you said is somehow okay? I cannot believe that anyone would think that way - not nowadays.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 AM
RGJ

1,898 posts, read 2,550,158 times
S&S, just consider all the money you've saved in the past by speeding and not getting caught

And you're complaining because you got caught

Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM

8,305 posts, read 12,846,504 times
Yeah, she/he is just an innocent lawbreaker...

I can't wait to hear the argument that it was a speed trap, and all the other excuses that people gen up when they are caught doing something wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio