U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:22 AM

431 posts, read 587,808 times

Advertisements

what about Toby Keith's Bar and grill?? I had read back when that they were looking at The Rim. Any rumors of IKEA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM

187 posts, read 314,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmac View Post
I was so excited to see Maggiano's the other day.

On a side note, any chance they'll build some nice townhouses around the Rim so we can move and walk over to shop/eat/watch movies?
There's already apartments over there... called The Haven. Luxury apartments... very trendy & nice!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:31 AM

3,005 posts, read 5,662,930 times
When is Ikea coming to SA and why does Austin get stores first if we are a bigger market.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 AM

3,057 posts, read 3,985,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
When is Ikea coming to SA and why does Austin get stores first if we are a bigger market.
From what I remember (and reading here) the Ikea was planned to be very close to Camp Bullis (as were a lot of other things). Development in that area has been stalled due to a lot of reasons, lighting, endangered species, noise, etc.

I mean yes, most of the La Cantera development is close to Camp Bullis, but I think the Ikea literally backed right in to Camp Bullis as planned.

Until that whole Camp Bullis thing gets resolved I don't think we'll get an Ikea, at least not at the Rim/La Cantera. And boy, do I want one closer than Round Rock..I really need a new duvet!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:32 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,614,719 times
Y'all do know that IKEA has a website, right? You can "shop," purchase, and ship any item you need. (Of course, I understand the difference between hands-on shopping and web, but if it's a question of driving to Round Rock or Houston vs. sitting at home...)

--Dim

Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 AM

3,057 posts, read 3,985,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Y'all do know that IKEA has a website, right? You can "shop," purchase, and ship any item you need. (Of course, I understand the difference between hands-on shopping and web, but if it's a question of driving to Round Rock or Houston vs. sitting at home...)

--Dim
of course. But that store is like the best adventure ever. And it'd be great to be able ot go on that adventure closer to home.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 AM

Oh, I completely agree. It's just that so many folks complain about not getting one of these or those in SA when the company offers a website. In my mind, it would be different if no online ordering was available (say, perhaps a TJ's).

--Dim

Old 10-18-2009, 12:02 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,491,365 times
Ikea's shipping is astronomical! I wanted to order a small cabinet...cost all of $125 and less than 30 pounds. They wanted $220 for shipping.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:16 PM

Well, if you wouldn't ask for diamond-crusted white glove shipping, it wouldn't be so much! I think I've heard about their shipping costs in a negative light before. I'm not sure why, but they used to procure local shipping companies (or even couriers) for in-town and short haul deliveries...

--Dim

Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,514,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post

--Dim
Actually, not every item available in stores is available on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio