U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:56 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,520,904 times

Advertisements

The Junior League donates name brand items in new or like new condition to the area of the store called Julia's attic. There are signs in the Goodwill stores that say Julia's attic. It was created when the Junior League stopped doing the annual rummage sale. Lots of treasures in this section of the store!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 04:04 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,318,156 times
The Goodwill on 281 and Bitters has an actual computer "shop" now. Complete with a computer salesperson to assist you. I've always had good luck there with name brands.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:11 PM

37,690 posts, read 55,360,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
The Junior League donates name brand items in new or like new condition to the area of the store called Julia's attic. There are signs in the Goodwill stores that say Julia's attic. It was created when the Junior League stopped doing the annual rummage sale. Lots of treasures in this section of the store!
Where is "Julia's attic" located?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Julia's Attic is at the front of the Goodwill store at Culebra and 1604. Not sure how the other stores are set up.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,520,904 times
Each store is different, but they have a sign hanging over the area. There are some gems in this section!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,600 times
Full disclosure - I work at Goodwill. First, we really appreciate all the positive comments. Thought I would take some time to explain how goods make it to the sales floor so that you can decide for yourselves which ones to shop. First, we try to make all stores "self-feeding", meaning that the donations brought in fill the store up. That doesn't always work, so some stores are "fed" by the overflow from other locations. For example, Fredericksburg @ Vance Jackson is a store "fed" by other locations, so the goods come from a variety of areas. I always recommend to people to hit some of our larger locations, since shopping at Goodwill is like a treasure hunt. Those stores are Bitters/281, De Zavala/I-10 and Fredericksburg/Vance Jackson.

I also really appreciate the constructive feedback about Target's goods. Since we need to keep stores stocked, even when donations are down, we supplement by purchasing Target's closeouts/returns in good condition. Target provides us with a price list that lists the last price it was on the shelf before selling to Goodwill. Goodwill takes that list, and marks the price 40% off of what Target provided us. I will share the comments about the Target goods being potentially overpriced with the Retail team and wanted to explain how the price is derived. I also encourage anyone who sends an e-mail to us locally (our first initial, last name then @goodwillsa.org, or visit our website at www.goodwillsa.org for quick links). I can assure you our leadership team cares about all our customers!

With deepest thanks,

Rebecca Helterbrand
VP of Marketing
210-271-8816
rhelterbrand@goodwillsa.org

Old 05-28-2010, 11:12 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,012,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Helterbrand View Post
I always recommend to people to hit some of our larger locations, since shopping at Goodwill is like a treasure hunt. Those stores are Bitters/281, De Zavala/I-10 and Fredericksburg/Vance Jackson.
Hello! First, thanks for posting on here! It's greatly appreciated. And thanks for the heads up on the above locations.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,318,156 times
I LOVE the Bitters/281 location.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:33 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,734,351 times
San Antonio will be getting a Buffalo Exchange sometime in July! Location will be somewhere in Olmos Park, but I don't know the exact place. Smaller store, with a MUCH smaller staff than stores like Austin. But, it'll be cool to have one here!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:56 PM

432 posts, read 995,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
San Antonio will be getting a Buffalo Exchange sometime in July! Location will be somewhere in Olmos Park, but I don't know the exact place. Smaller store, with a MUCH smaller staff than stores like Austin. But, it'll be cool to have one here!
Yeaaaaa! Great store! How did you find this out Jules, I didn't seen anything on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio