U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 AM

2,260 posts, read 4,942,755 times

Advertisements

I LOVE stepping on scorpions (with shoes on, I mean - me, not the scorpion, I mean). They make such a satisfying *CRUNCH*.

I haven't seen one in years though, not since my sister got stung by one that was in her bed (how's that for creepy?) about nine years ago. We killed THAT sucker dead, as you can imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 09:42 AM

128 posts, read 377,189 times
omg, you people are FREAKING ME OUT! I'm from IN relocating to san antonio and the scariest thing we have are people w/o teeth, lol! ok, that was a joke...seriously, there are no scary bugs where i'm from.....snakes, scorpions, that gross 11 inch creepy crawly thingie...EW EW EW!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 AM

615 posts, read 1,326,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk11 View Post
omg, you people are FREAKING ME OUT! I'm from IN relocating to san antonio and the scariest thing we have are people w/o teeth, lol! ok, that was a joke...seriously, there are no scary bugs where i'm from.....snakes, scorpions, that gross 11 inch creepy crawly thingie...EW EW EW!
The scorpions aren't that bad. Once I got the exterminator out here to spray, they haven't come back.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 AM

2,260 posts, read 4,942,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk11 View Post
I moved here from St. Louis 13 years ago and I've seen about four scorpions. The last one I saw was in like 2001, in the middle of a drought, which apparently draws them out in search of water.

I've never seen a snake on our property and I've certainly never seen a centipede or a millipede or whatever that thing is they talked about upthread.

The worst of the bugs are bugs you see in Indiana too - mosquitoes and flies.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:25 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,939,923 times
Haven't seen a scorpion in the house in ages. Then last week......hubby went to bed at 11, I went at 1 (reading City-data, of course) turned out the LR light, dog went ahead of me, he stopped in the hallway intensely sniffing the carpet, I turned on the light to see what was so interesting, and the sound that came out of me should have awakened my husband, but the snoring continued! So I quick got a clear plastic drinking glass and put it on top of the d**n thing, then put my husbands shoe on top of the glass to weight it down and the other shoe in front of it to help avoid kicking it over. Of course this was directly in front of the bedroom door! I was worried hubby would get up before me, open the door, kick the glass (not knowing it was there) and the d**n thing would get away again in my house! Thankfully I remembered in the morning to tell him before he left the bedroom. I, for one, hate the crunch sound so I block my ears and hum outloud until the "whacking" stops.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,172,753 times
The cool thing about scorpions is that you only get to kill the ones that you see. There may be more lurking.... you never know.....

Old 07-03-2010, 09:14 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,971,070 times
UGH!!! I had only seen 1 or 2 scorpions in our new house since we moved in back in Oct. 2008...

Then tonight I went into the garage, barefoot of course, to get my purse out of the car... I stopped and put my purse on the hood of the car to get some cash out for DH and I had 1 foot all the way down and the other just kind of skimming the throw rug we have in the garage and I feel like there was something under the skimming foot... I move it and a cricket jumps out (disgusting)... As I am about to look back up I see it... A HUGE scorpion on the tire of my car... It was on the very bottom, like it had just crawled up from the carpet onto the tire... I shudder to think that I would have stepped on it had I walked out just a few minutes earlier... DH killed the crap out of it after I screamed...

I have been stung by a scorpion 1time, at our old house... I was stung on the the tip of my right index finger... And it was the most freakin' painful thing I have ever felt in my life... I am not kidding, it hurt more than labor... Or maybe it was that I got a few minutes between labor pains and this pain was constant... AND it stung on the tip of my finger, where all the nerve endings are, so that definately did not help...

Needless to say I will be calling our exterminator on Tuesday...

Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 507 times
Waaaaaaa! I was drying myself off and there was a scorpion in my towel! I flipped out! He tried stinging me 3 times on my leg. I did feel the burning but I was holding on to his body with the towel! Not knowing it! Ugh! I hate scorpions more!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio