Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,717,090 times

Advertisements

Some kids I know went exploring not too long ago and they said the front door was wide open and still had stuff in the house. I was told a small tornado hit that area and property a few years back and damaged the roof, so it's probably been leaking inside for a few years. could be there's some litigation going on and the owner left the property due to it being unlivable....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,921,024 times
I know we had this discussion before, but I'll be danged if I can find the thread! It's probably buried in the "Haunted in San Antonio" thread, but it's over 300 pages so good luck finding it!

Cheers! M2

Old 05-24-2010, 04:18 PM

7,112 posts, read 11,772,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I know we had this discussion before, but I'll be danged if I can find the thread! It's probably buried in the "Haunted in San Antonio" thread, but it's over 300 pages so good luck finding it!

Cheers! M2
Do what I do - I simply click on your name, tell it to find "silly, inane posts by member", and up it pops....<g,d&rlh>

Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 PM

12 posts, read 39,559 times
Can someone please post the link to the previously mentioned thread with more information on this mysterious house? thanks!

Old 05-26-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avethan0609 View Post
Can someone please post the link to the previously mentioned thread with more information on this mysterious house? thanks!
Easier said than done! Trust me, I've been looking for it; but I am pretty sure it wasn't a separate thread but instead buried in one of the many threads we've had on haunted places in SA.

I seem to remember there was some mention of a child abduction in the area near this house. Does anyone recall that?

I am beginning to wonder if some older, non-active threads have disappeared. I was searching for something else the other day and couldn’t find it. Maybe the servers are finally reaching their peak capacity, and some of the archives threads have been deleted. Otherwise, I can’t explain why no one can find the original posts on this house. I distinctly remember discussing it, but I’ll be danged if I can find the posts!

Cheers! M2

Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 AM

4,307 posts, read 7,187,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avethan0609 View Post
IIRC, that thread was closed/locked.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Really? I don't recall that; but either way, wouldn't it still be accessible via a search?

Cheers! M2

Old 05-26-2010, 06:59 AM
RGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
MMM, Now you can spend your time more valuable

Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 AM
RGJ

Additional info is that the house has three floor with the top floor being a ballroom with wood floors, bar, etc. Third floor is sloping quite a bit. Inside there's still furniture, toothbrushes still in the sink, soap still in the tubs, dishes, hairbrushes in the bathrooms, photo albums, beds....Bunch of trash and furniture all thrown around. Interesting, almost like someone just up and left.

I've seen something like this before in my days of property management of foreclosed properties where the people literally just walked out of the house. Even left supper on the table.

This one is still strange, because it is still owned by person who built it and not owned by a lender

Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,753,617 times
If the 3rd floor is sloping I guess there's something not good going on structurally. Too bad there aren't any pics around because I'm curious about what it looks like inside.

Very strange that the person who built it is completely absent. Also strange that the city seems fine with a big place sitting empty like that - I figure they'd go after the owner for however many code violations there are for things being overgrown and whatnot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio