U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-19-2007, 02:49 PM

369 posts, read 527,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardworkingdaddy View Post
Hmmmmmmm...

I think if you can withstand the heat of this thread then you should be fine in Wilshire Woods, ghetto or not.

Just be on the lookout for post like "Best not be quoting my bizz-ness on the world wide web or I'll bust a cap in yo A$$!" because then you have entered the "Gagsta Forum" and you (and your cat) could be in real trouble.
So, are you saying that the entire lot of apartment buildings in that complix is riddled with gangstas?

Really?

Generally gangstas here do not have any interest in me, I have nothing for them.

The googie's odd conversation and claiming that I am alluding to some reverse snobbery though, just screams projection.

I think I appreciate your post, I am not really sure what it means tho but, I do know how to duck and tend to avoid folk who talk about busting any caps.

Gen
edit: Hold on! I just found a house for rent in Terrel Hills subdivision for 1/2 the cost of my current studio apartment!! You all say Terrel Hills has got it okay? I'm not signing my current one then, not yet.

Last edited by Gennaver; 06-19-2007 at 03:10 PM..

Old 06-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Hi,
So I called Wilshire Woods to find out more before signing, like everyone has suggested, (googie, try to be just a wee bit less hostile in your replies if someone doesn't jump and salute you fast enough).

So Wilshire Woods suggested that I call and get the survey report. I asked them if they could put me in one of the quieter buildings.

Next I called and got the survey records for this year so far. Nothing was any where near as dangerous as I live near now EXCEPT, there were far, far too many disturbances calls.

So, I looked online again and just cannot believe that there is a house for half the cost of my current studio apartment...oops, small dogs okay, no cats.

Dag,
Gen

Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 PM

2,284 posts, read 4,245,433 times
Can you try and call and see if they will let you have a cat? That would be so much better than wilshire woods. Try and remember that you solicited US for advice/opinions, we tell it as we see and then you attack us, not giving us the benefit of the doubt. In the future you may not be as lucky when you burn bridges without crossing them first.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Can you try and call and see if they will let you have a cat? That would be so much better than wilshire woods. Try and remember that you solicited US for advice/opinions, we tell it as we see and then you attack us, not giving us the benefit of the doubt. In the future you may not be as lucky when you burn bridges without crossing them first.
I looked for another one. Since they are dog friendly but list "no cats" I think they must have a good reason.

So, I went back and looked at some other ones in the areas listed. I gave a quick call to Timbermill, they seemed as welcoming a management agency as WW but, further from base. 12301 Blanco road. I'm interested.

I do have the deposit fee at WW (Wilshire Woods) and called and asked if they could make sure that I was in the front buildings or in the quieter section with old people, just in case I cannot find anything.

When WW calls me back today or tomorrow I will share with her what the police record survey revealed and ask her if my potential apartment would be gauranteed in a quieter section. Otherwise I just do not want to reside next to very loud tenants, (I know, it could be a joke that I can tolerate gangsta neighbors, low income neighbors, even prostitutes and junkie neighbors...just not "loud" ones. but its true).

There is still some time, a couple of weeks.

I appreciate the help, especially from folks who were not accusatory or flamable. What bridges burned? There is definately a difference in the posts who seemed genuinely concerned for my safety and 'googie'. Googie just had issues and projected them towards my posts. Everyone else seemed most helpful, if you felt a bridge was burned and that I should be 'grateful'...what???
Thank you again,
Gen
Gen

Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 PM

2,284 posts, read 4,245,433 times
There are other apartments close to Ft. Sam. That aren't as expensive as Oakwell Farms, but much nicer in resident quality. Try La Fiesta (not even gated) Rock Creek townhomes. El Chaparral apartments. All of these are low-cost but are on the Northwood border. I don't know about the pet think though, but I would much rather live in these complexes than WW. I would rather live in Kirby that WW.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 PM

19 posts, read 96,425 times
It was a joke...

Old 06-20-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
There are other apartments close to Ft. Sam. That aren't as expensive as Oakwell Farms, but much nicer in resident quality. Try La Fiesta (not even gated) Rock Creek townhomes. El Chaparral apartments. All of these are low-cost but are on the Northwood border. I don't know about the pet think though, but I would much rather live in these complexes than WW. I would rather live in Kirby that WW.
Thank you for your time and listening/reading, putting in the effort to reply, it does matter and is appreciated.

I'll definately try to search around. I also think it is a good idea for me to let the management know right away that I am looking for a quiet building/community.

I so SERIOUSLY hope that wherever I end up that in six month to a year I have good news to post and not dangerous risky experiences to share. Hoping!
Gen

Old 06-20-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardworkingdaddy View Post
It was a joke...
Oh duh, thank you!

I'd just caught a glimpse of a book review in a local paper here. It said that one of the reasons that there is restricted tone in email or posts is because they did not replace the "letter", (where tone is written) but that they replaced the phone call and conversation, (where tone is heard).

Glad it was a joke. I suspected it might be but, again, the tone thing..
Gen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio