Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 AM

272 posts, read 640,171 times

Advertisements

I wish they would focus more on REAL crimes aka arresting the gangs, theft, burglary, rape.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 03:44 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
I wish they would focus more on REAL crimes aka arresting the gangs, theft, burglary, rape.......
More innocent people are injured or killed by bad driving so this is EXACTLY where the police should be concentrating their efforts!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 AM

163 posts, read 311,508 times
Last night on I-10 from Houston I had the pleasure of (briefly) following a driver who would zip from truck to truck and suddenly brake for no apparent reason just as they were passing each.

I didn't realize we were playing a friendly road game until I was sandwiched between a fuel truck and a wall in a construction zone with the moron's brakelights in my face, again, and a very large horn blaring beside me.

Apparently some truckers divert too much of their attention to the road when they should be watching for fist-pumping children. Thus, frequent braking by the attentive parent is required to provide the truckers ample opportunity to toot at the gifted little rascals.

A few trucks later I was finally able to pass and acknowledge the driver's prowess with a gesture.

So yes, one more vote for more aggression, and fewer morons.

What was the topic again?

/rant

Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
I doubt this will really do much to stop the actual drivers they seem to be commenting on in this particular story

unfortunately if it does catch any of the "aggressive road rage" type drivers it will probably be when the police officer actually needs to be pulling over the very unskilled, selfish, road hog, incompetent, distracted and confused, pile of junk driving, moron, that is going 7 mph under the speed limit in the far left lane next to the person going going 8 mph under in the middle lane and both wondering why 2 miles of traffic is piled up behind THEM when so much of the road way IN FRONT OF THEM is so wide open and unclogged

then of course right at the last second the driver in the far left lane will realize their exit (along with about 20 other people in the traffic jam behind them) is RIGHT THERE!.....and they will speed up and cut over and just make it which requires everyone else that was jammed up behind them to make even worse "aggressive" maneuvers

I was going to comment in the "I thought Houston drivers were crazy" thread, but I have not gotten around to it yet so I will say it here too

San Antonio has some of the worst drivers in Texas......because many are just poor drivers, many more are just stupid drivers, and others seem to think it is their job to enforce traffic laws even if it means being reckless themselves

the road is EVERYONE'S road, but that does not mean that EVERYONE can take it upon themselves to regulate the flow of that road, enforce the laws, or even "follow the rules" in a way that makes everyone else have to follow your crappy driving lead

the person that is tailgating you, bumping you, flashing their lights, and screaming at you might be "dangerous", but what is much more dangerous is all the traffic that backs up behind you while you have your fun going the same speed as those in the lane next to you so the "dangerous" guy can not get past you....when everyone packs up that is that many more people for dangerous guy to take out when he passes you on the shoulder

there is more than one lane for a reason IDIOT....and that is so that traffic specifically DOES NOT end up in a big huge mass all behind one vehicle or a group in each lane....it is so that traffic can move more freely and NOT CLOG UP behind you and the other two or three complete and total fools that insist on all driving along right next to each other on the freeway......too stupid to know that even defensive driving tells you this is a poor habit because it gives you less ability to maneuver in case of any emergency

also on a road that is moving 40 to 60 MPH with exits every .5 to one miles people's exits will come up OFTEN and everyone can't always drive in the far right lane because of people entering and exiting and much slower traffic

SO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY......you are the one trying to hog the damn lane not the guy speeding.....the guy speeding wants to get past you and get you and your stupidity behind them so accommodate them....and everyone else that is stuck behind you while you try and play road cop

if anyone has ever seen traffic cams especially from overhead or sped up you will see the drivers that usually cause the MOST TRAFFIC AND SLOWDOWNS ON THE FREEWAY are the ones that actually think they are Gods gift to perfect driving......the ones that slow down way too much for ANYTHING like even a lane change even though they don't have to.....who moves from a right lane to a left lane that is MORE clear ahead of them and needs to BRAKE to do that.....LANE CHANGES ARE USUALLY NOT BRAKING MANEUVERS ESPECIALLY WHEN MOVING FROM A LANE WITH MORE CARS TO ONE THAT HAS LESS CARS AND IS MORE OPEN.....unless of course you are the jerk making a lane change right in front of someone else moving along much faster with others behind them and your braking is to let them know you want them to slow down because you are not going to ACCELERATE TO GET AHEAD OF THEM you are going to cut them off and then BRAKE to get them to slow down and back off of you.....even though you JUST CUT THEM OFF and KNEW IT......the ones that leave a mile between themselves and the car ahead of them and also accelerate slower than everyone ahead of them......it is like someone threw a bolder in a river you see the traffic stack up behind them and then it is 5 minutes before that "slowdown spot" in the road gets back up to speed....I am sure of you could follow that car on the cam you would see that "great careful driver" slowing down traffic their whole route

also like watching people at red lights that think 3 or 4 cars is what is needed before they take off......you can watch it take 3-4 light cycles before that extra mass of cars that should have made that one light thins out....and again if you could follow that car as it moves along they would leave 3 or 4 cars stranded at every red light they catch......always wondering why all these rude late drivers honk at them

you know it is not that people are so much in a hurry it is they just don't want to sit at another red light because you can't drive, you are stupid, you are selfish, or you are out for a Sunday drive....if you don't want to drive or move along with the flow then ride the bus that is what it is for

if this country could ever be honest with itself we would know that the Germans have much higher speeds on many roads and it is because they take driving serious, they don't get all upset and pouty when someone passes them, they understand things moving along, they are not just out in their car "riddin" thumping their crap with their head bumping around in their ass, they don't allow garbage to drive on their roads unless it is in a refuse truck, and in general they like to help society progress instead of being the idiot that makes a point to clog it up

we really should instigate MUCH TOUGHER DRIVER TRAINING and TESTING in this country with the goal of weeding about 20% of the drivers off the road for incompetence or inability to drive anything but a "crunka" and then make the rules of the road where another 10% will get tired of being pulled over because they own the left lane, they sat through 3 red lights and forgot to go, they are never insured, or they are just plain an idiot that can't keep up and needs to get on the public transportation they most likely are a champion of

get the hell out of the way, you are probably making things worse for EVERYONE with your stupidity of trying to show up another idiot, and yes the rest of us do like to get on down the road.....if you don't then pull over, go sit in a parking lot, or drive off a cliff.....who gives a damn just get out of the way
Wow! I think this guy is who they are targeting. He even has road rage when he's not driving. I'm assuming he didn't write this post while he was driving. Can you imagine what he's like when he's actually out on the road.

I saw the Camero on my way to Spring Branch last Sunday morning. I saw the hopped up Camero in my rear view mirror about 1/4 mile behind me. I was doing about 70 in a 65. I thought, this guy will probably come up and ride my bumper trying to get me to either pull over and let him by or speed up to 85 or It might be one of those "stealth police cruisers". Sure enough it was that silver Camero police cruiser. He just changed lanes and politley passed me doing around 80. It couldn't be too stealth if I spotted it from 1/4 mile back. Of course traffic was light that morning. If there had been more cars behind me I probably never would have spotted him. Still, I don't think they did the program any favors by running a news story on it with pictures of the cars.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:03 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
Personally, I'd like to see more enforcement of the child seat law, especially the new one taking effect. Too many times, I've seen babies in the parent's lap, crawling all over the seats, etc.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:01 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
I totally agree with TexasVines! A most excellent post! Thanks, TV. You said everything I wanted to say.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 PM

135 posts, read 551,022 times
I saw the Silver Camaro parked on the shoulder on the on-ramp of 410W at the Fourwinds area / I-35.

Last edited by fusQer; 06-02-2010 at 12:36 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,770 times
Default new sapd vehicle....to me anyways

ok, i'm great at spotting cop headlights from a mile away, but today was new.

i've seen the chargers, crown victorias, tahoes, even the mustang cop car, but today i was stunned when an unmarked silver new camaro flew by me.

add that to the list of cars to look out for....

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,944 times
Good Topic....What are the make and color of the SAPD "unmarked" cars you see. I travel down I-10 to downtown everyday and they are usually on it.

I have seen the following:
Black Tahoe
White Tahoe
Light Blue Ford Focus (I believe -correct me if I am wrong).
Dark Grey Charger

I would like to see a complete list so we know what to look out for!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM

4,327 posts, read 7,235,823 times
The Camaro was unveiled a few weeks ago on local TV newscasts. It has the subdued SAPD markings on each side. They also have some Impalas in the "subdued-markings" fleet.

These cars used to be mostly mostly Crown Victorias, but I think they were too easy to spot; even more so since retail sales of Crown Victorias were discontinued at least a couple of years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio