U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 AM

29 posts, read 41,311 times

Advertisements

I'd try calling the Animal Defense League and asking if there are any people who might foster the kitten. If it is really small, it may be able to be domesticated, and kittens are far more adoptable than adult cats. There is also the San Antonio Feral Cat Coalition (San Antonio Feral Cat Coalition). I hope that someone can help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 AM

420 posts, read 680,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
a different perspective though...our neighborhood is being overrun by wild cats, thanks mainly to one home who has dozens of them that are, of course, not neutered. My neighbor's toddler was bitten by one and had to endure rabies shots until the cat was captured. Poor girl might protest your "What's it hurting?" statement. Those shots don't tickle.

I believe that is an illegal cat colony and you should call ACS

Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 AM

8,359 posts, read 13,315,100 times
Well, tried all of the organizations listed, and no one is picking up.

We've fed it and gave it some milk and water, but I would like to get rid of this thing as soon as possible...

Clare Boothe Luce was right!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:20 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,403,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWolves View Post
I believe that is an illegal cat colony and you should call ACS
this has been an ongoing issue...HOA is involved, city is involved, multiple complaints have been issued. Just called again a few weeks ago when I saw new kittens on their doorstep and was told there is already a work order to investigate that address yet again... Sigh.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM

3,361 posts, read 2,727,129 times
We got pretty lucky. There were 4 cats running loose (one met its demise on Reed Rd). The (now) 3 of them belong to neighbors and while normally I dont want to be bothered by them, they have done a great job of controlling the mice migrating from the new subdivision being built across Reed. Of course the flip side is that some times I end up with a dead mouse on my doorstep.

The cats like to spread the love it appears.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

239 posts, read 511,150 times
I wouldn't worry, I'm sure one of the organizations mentioned will help you when they are open tomorrow. A hassle it might be until then but thank you for taking it in, even if you don't like cats it certainly would have had hard time in the heat with no water. I've lost two of my kitty family members in the last six months, one to lymphoma another to a stroke, I'd love to take it but we are in the process of selling our home and moving to Arizona so the timing is all wrong. When you catch them this young they can be tamed. Denise at SCAT has a huge heart, I'm sure if you showed up with that kitten in a crate at Petsmart @281 in the morning hours she would take it! She would of course appreciate a donation in turn or maybe a donation of canned cat food if you can swing it.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:53 AM

12,330 posts, read 7,782,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Well, tried all of the organizations listed, and no one is picking up.

We've fed it and gave it some milk and water, but I would like to get rid of this thing as soon as possible...

Clare Boothe Luce was right!
Hi, majormadmax.

Check out this site for a list of cat rescue organizations in SA. There is quite a large network of cat rescuers in SA. If you have already contacted all of them then thanks for trying.

San Antonio Cat Rescue

Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 PM

99,374 posts, read 26,328,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Well, if you love them that much, DM me your address and I will be more than happy to drop it off in your neighborhood!

Around here, they are a problem because they kill birds, attack peoples' dogs in their own yards, use the bathroom in our bushes (which smells to high heaven), and are a generally a nuisance.

Plus, they aren't really "wild;" they are/were peoples' pets who just want to let them run loose. Or, there is a good chance that it was just dumped here because someone didn't want it anymore.

Either way, neither my neighbor nor I want it on our properties, and we are trying to do the right thing by the animal. There are much quicker/easier options for getting rid of it, so spare me the editorial because this has already gotten to be more of a hassle than its worth; and let's keep this to more constructive suggestions...
Ha, no thanks! We have enough to deal with in our hood like everyone else. I am glad you're trying to solve the problem by seeking assistance. My experience with the Animal Defense League is not good. They want you to deliver a perfectly healthy specimen to them or forget it. Hopefully some of these other suggestions pan out for you. Good luck.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 PM

239 posts, read 511,150 times
Another place to try is Bulverde Area Humane Society. They took in a dog after Katrina when everyone else was full! Barbara is the person who runs it, another animal person with a huge heart.
#Phone: 830 980-2247 Open Tues, Thurs & Sat. 10am to 1pm

I'd ask around with neighbors too, maybe one knows someone who loves kitties and can't say no.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 PM

6,868 posts, read 12,979,079 times
post a pic of the little guy M2!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio