U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:38 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,977,201 times

Advertisements

My coworker is beside herself, her dogs got out last Wednesday, May 26th, when the gate was left open by persons unknown. Milo is a small male rat terrier, brown and white, and Oreo is a larger female, black and white water dog (spaniel?). She and her husband do not have any children, so these dogs are her children. There is a reward. If you see or have seen either or both, please call her home at (210) 680-3089 or their cell phone at (512) 585-8005. I have the flier in my Word program with their pictures but don't know how to add it to this message. I can send to anyone via email if requested. They are checking the pounds and kennels daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM

4,089 posts, read 6,110,611 times
Closest intersection or housing area please. They may still be in the immediate area. And FWIW the last time I found dogs that had a reward I was accused of stealing them. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,442,236 times
Are they chipped? Have her call the microchip company---the one I'm with has an email list and emails people on their mailing list when there are missing pets in the area. I get several a week and save them on my phone in the event I see something when I'm out.

Also send a flyer to the humane society (they will keep it and try to match it up with anyone who calls saying they've found animals), all the vets in the area, etc.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,177,319 times
Quick question, do they have collars on, with tags?

You can add picture by simply loading them into an online image hosting site such as Photobucket.com and then you can link them using the image tags and (broken link) with the link to the picture in between them.

We're in that area and will keep our eye out, but considering how busy the roads are I doubt any shy small dog would try and cross any of them. Can you be more specific as to what area they are in? Try to bound it by the major roads, e.g. between New Guilbeau and Braun inside of 1604. That would be the most logical first area to search...

Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM

Thanks, all, for the quick replies. She sent this in the email when she sent me the flier: "the nearest intersection to us is Braun & Old Tezel or Old Tezel & New Gilbeau". I know she lives inside Loop 1604. They are not chipped, and, as it ALWAYS happens, her husband had taken off their collars with their tags as she had just had oral surgery and was on pain meds and was sleeping alot so he didn't want their tags making noise and disturbing her. They are 6 and 7 years old and are very well taken care of and loved. Deep Forest, as far as the reward, I don't think there would be any questions asked if they were returned! So sorry you had a bad experience. BTW, they are up-to-date on their vaccinations.

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 06-02-2010 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Added more information.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM

6,199 posts, read 8,670,080 times
I think what all the posters are looking for (as I'll probably be no help since I live so far away) is what neighborhood is this?

There are a lot of smaller streets in that area that they could have run off in. I hope they are found!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,177,319 times
Here's a map, it sounds like they are somewhere down Old Tezel between Braun and New Guilbeau. Could be one of several communities along that road, but at least it narrows down the search area...

Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Thanks, all, for the quick replies. She sent this in the email when she sent me the flier: "the nearest intersection to us is Braun & Old Tezel or Old Tezel & New Gilbeau". I know she lives inside Loop 1604. They are not chipped, and, as it ALWAYS happens, her husband had taken off their collars with their tags as she had just had oral surgery and was on pain meds and was sleeping alot so he didn't want their tags making noise and disturbing her. They are 6 and 7 years old and are very well taken care of and loved. Deep Forest, as far as the reward, I don't think there would be any questions asked if they were returned! So sorry you had a bad experience. BTW, they are up-to-date on their vaccinations.
I learned a valuable lesson from that experience. Thanks. Now how about narrowing it down some more. Looking on the map that's still a pretty wide area. Maybe a couple of streets...?? If there's any convenience stores check them too. I left a note at one when I found the dogs and that's how they contacted me.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
My coworker is beside herself, her dogs got out last Wednesday, May 26th, when the gate was left open by persons unknown. Milo is a small male rat terrier, brown and white, and Oreo is a larger female, black and white water dog (spaniel?). She and her husband do not have any children, so these dogs are her children. There is a reward. If you see or have seen either or both, please call her home at (210) 680-3089 or their cell phone at (512) 585-8005. I have the flier in my Word program with their pictures but don't know how to add it to this message. I can send to anyone via email if requested. They are checking the pounds and kennels daily.
I hate be the one to say this but are your sure this isn't a dog-napping ??? People do steal dogs for a myriad of reasons.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 PM

I would think that except the dogs have been seen a couple times. My coworker and her husband go out every day after work and call their names and talk to people they see walking their own dogs and to kids playing baseball, and it seems Milo has been seen a few times and Oreo once, so my coworker goes to the area where they have been seen and calls and calls their names, but no response. She's thinking they are bedding down in the shade/grass of the fields and ditches between subdivisions, and moving at night. She is having family members from out of town come in this weekend to do a group search. I feel so bad for her........and the dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio