Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 PM

45 posts, read 174,553 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, i just moved here from Duluth MN ( about 1.5 hrs north of minneapolis st paul and im loving it so far.. Ive been to a few bars ( cowboys a few of broadway bars , ( rebar Revroom ) and a few smaller ones around medical callaghan area .. But now i would like to know where every one would say the top bars are for these types of music ..

Country
Dance Techno
Dance rap
Ultra lounges
Piano bars
Bars with lots of women ( had to throw that in there )

Or any bar that is a good clean bar to go in and meet ppl .. I dont want this to sound stuck up by any means , but i like the clubs some night s but there are also some night s i want to walk into a place and i feel like im in a vegas ultra lounge, and just have it really chill ..

Thanks much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times
Don't have much to add but know of a few places:

Piano Bar - Howl at the Moon
Classy Bar - Copa Wine Bar in Stone Oak
Ultra Ice Lounge - Stone Oak
The Pointe - Martini Lounge on Blanco and Huebner

And I have heard many people say that the Hard Rock Bar on the Riverwalk is really good. Bartenders are nice, it's fun, and you can run into tourists looking to hook up Seriously - everyone I know, locals, think it's fun.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:15 PM

THank you for the reply Ive been to howl at the moon .. Loved it.. And ive been meaning to go to ice ... So where i come from we dont have ultra lounges.. So what should i expect to wear and what kind of crowd is usually there ??

Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM

106 posts, read 463,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadj79 View Post
THank you for the reply Ive been to howl at the moon .. Loved it.. And ive been meaning to go to ice ... So where i come from we dont have ultra lounges.. So what should i expect to wear and what kind of crowd is usually there ??
Get dressed up. Nice slacks, shirt, shoes...you get the point. My favorite wine bar in SA has to be Zinc (downtown on Presa between Commerce & Market). Not too pricey. If you ever want a good, early afternoon beer buzz try La Tuna in Southtown. You can't beat a $1.75 longneck.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:30 PM

159 posts, read 784,924 times
The bars Ive been hitting up lately are:

Zen Bar - Downtown
CeLo - Downtown
On the Half Shell - Downtown
The Falls - 281 & Bitters
Bliss - 281 & Bitters
Revolution Room - Broadway
Posh - Broadway

Posh seems to be becomming more poular these days. Lately Ive liked the crowd, very good looking UTSA,IWC, and OLLU ladies there. Bring your mouthpiece.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,223 times
I am new to the area and have been to Ice Ultra Lounge a couple of times. Pretty cool place although not too much of a crowd. I tried Dolce Ultra Lounge and it was dead at 11pm on a Friday night. Swig a couple of doors down was jumping though.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 PM

472 posts, read 1,792,601 times
Cool bars but not upscale at all:

La Tuna - in Southtown
Whiskeys - NW
Joeys - St Marys St
The Mix - St Marys St
On the Half Shell - Downtown

But then again its been a while since I've gone out, sorry. Hehe

Old 06-20-2007, 04:11 PM

Default What bars are good... For each day of the week .. Im really not a drunk :)

Well my last thread was list your top 5 favorite bars, but that wont do me much good if i dont know what nights to go on. I live in the medical area off I10 so im pretty close to alot of places.. So If anyone wants to help me out on this one too , please do
Thanks again

Matt

Old 06-20-2007, 04:50 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,650,964 times
I used to work at a dance bar( big place behind the Alamo) that fits none of the posters limits and so I still hear whats up and Dolce almost lost its total crowd and is slowly coming back with a really late crowd maybe 1130 or midnight he said on the weekend nights. Good luck with your adventure!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:21 PM

nice i really want to check out posh and ice right now.. then ill move to downtown area.. usually im just at the avg bars ( rev room , rebar, sherlocks ) and there nice but i really want to see something different.. Like i said b4 i think ill have to make an expensive shopping trip to la cantera before i go to half the bars i wanna go to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio