U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,664 times
I love living in Temecula. It has great schools, great family activities and wonderful weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,664 times
I see a bunch of people talking about the Liberty Quarry project. I took the tour they offer to the public and it was very informative. I personally don't have a problem with the project. I know there is a lot of emotion surrounding the project so I went out a got the facts on it. Many people don't realize we have aggragate quarries every where. People and these quarries co-exsist fine. In fact many don't even know they are there. I love the idea of more local jobs in the area. So many of my neighbors are struggling to find work these days...a project like this could help a lot of people.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 PM

346 posts, read 499,041 times
Oh boy, now you did it, Cue the foreigner

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 PM

2,053 posts, read 2,150,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLifeInTemecula View Post
If you are single, not so much. However you can still drive to San Diego in about an hour.
If you have a car, you can be just about anywhere in about an hour (if traffic isn't too bad).

If you have a car.

If you don't, and want to try public transit, it could easily take four hours or more.

Between Temecula and Murrieta, we have nearly a quarter of a million people, many of them commute to Orange County or San Diego and go to the theme parks and beaches.

Why can't we have express bus service to Orange County and San Diego? We have the population to justify it.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,782 times
terrible place. i can't stand it here. no one goes outside. no bike community. not a bike friendly place. everyone is living above their means. everything looks the SAME! no ppl 20-30 years old. a lot of BROS. there is nice wine country. horrible traffic. always. i could go on and. don't live here.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:46 PM

93 posts, read 140,216 times
TemeculaDogLover, I'm interested in the tour. How did you sign up? How long was it?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 PM

346 posts, read 499,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourdeforce View Post
terrible place. i can't stand it here. no one goes outside. no bike community. not a bike friendly place. everyone is living above their means. everything looks the SAME! no ppl 20-30 years old. a lot of BROS. there is nice wine country. horrible traffic. always. i could go on and. don't live here.
I guess we can just chalk this up to people are different and come from different places and expect different things. I'm in my early 30's and I think this is a great place to live, If I was single, I probably wouldn't say that.

No one goes outside?? really? I am outside every single day a bunch of different times a day. I run or walk with my dog 7 days a week and I see many other people out (its usually at 6:30-7:30am so maybe you are still sleeping). I play golf 1-2 times a week and that gets me outside. When I am not in the house I am outside either working in my yard or just relaxing on the front or back porch. I see kids playing in the neighborhood now that school is out. We have bike paths in redhawk on most streets, I'm not sure what you might be looking for and not finding.

Show me a suburb that is as new as Temecula where everything doesn't look the same? if you dont want everything to look the same you need to move to an older suburb. Most new suburban areas in the USA all look the same for that area.

I don't see the BROS as you call them. I see some people who have lifted trucks (I still do get a kick out of that. Coming from NY you don't see that very much) but it doesn't bother me. The traffic can be bad but as most people on this board have said, its bad everywhere. Personally I really don't think its that bad.

Well I hope you find your "Happy Place", Life is to short to sit around and complain about everything.

Good Luck.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM

16,591 posts, read 18,441,806 times
You can't argue with someone who says "everyone does this" and "nobody does that". It's like arguing with a religious person.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 AM

93 posts, read 140,216 times
Or like arguing with a secular person.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM

16,591 posts, read 18,441,806 times
No, that wouldn't apply, seeing as how I made the post from my viewpoint.

Run along now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties