Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionrules View Post
You know where there are no earthquakes and almost no snakes? Europe! If only Temecula was just like Europe then we would all be better off!
My thoughts exactly, we obviously have nothing good to offer here in Southern Ca so my vote is we all turn European and we clone Europe. I vote Temecula is now Amsterdam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I felt the EQ last night, and the one (two?) the other night. Here, in the DESERT, they were gentle rolling things, like a boat rocking in the water. At first I thought maybe a giant Anaconda was trying to break into my crib, but I was wrong.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:31 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
When I moved from socal to Oklahoma I discovered people have the same attitude as people have to quakes in California. They happen. You take precautions and go on, but you don't wake up each day worrying if there will be a quake or a tornado. And there are quakes here in OK even if most Californians would laugh at them. So I adjusted. If you keep worrying you'll spend all your time not seeing stuff which would make you feel better.

As for snakes, learn which ones are poisionous and be sure to LEAVE THEM ALONE. In fact leave ALL snakes alone. They are more afraid of you than you are of them. All they want is for you to leave and let them do their thing. They have a reason to be there and keep down rodents.

As for the air no suggestions but maybe move to the beach. Or out of socal like I did. And stop 'hating' earthquakes. All its hurting is you.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:56 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I'm worried about stumbling into a cactus plant while I'm stoned out of my gourd.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 PM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
yes I am european and never felt one in Europe..since i moved to temecula thanksgiving i experienced earthquakes..and yes...I HATE EARTHQUAKES..i hate them...they make my life hard...and the snakes (have never lived in the desert before)Community recreation center every five meter a shield warning rattle snakes!!...i go on a bike path near me a stupid,long,fat snake..scared me to death....and the bad air....sorry,i am frustrated today....the earthquake has just changed my mood

i hate snakes too..i hate them...a child was bit...a dog
Rattlesnakes are on the move in late spring | Riverside | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California (http://www.pe.com/localnews/environment/stories/PE_News_Local_W_snakes24.42a9bcb.html - broken link)
Rattlesnake bites 2 California Dogs - Big Bucks! | Pet Peeves
BEWARE! IT'S RATTLESNAKE SEASON :: The Fallbrook Village News

it is normal for people,who lived hier all their life,but not for me...

i did not deal with earthquakes and snakes in europe...
I am thinking you might want to invest in a bubble while you are here in beautiful Southern California. If you live in this bubble then you won't need to worry about earthquakes, or snakes, or the air you are breathing (make sure you buy the bubble with the ventilation system). I mean you seem to be able to find something to complain about so if you lived in the bubble you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

I almost forgot, this bubble with also keep you safe from coyotes, I heard they like European blood.

Don't forget to get a bubble thats big enough so you can store your shoes too. We know how precious those are to you.

One last thing, before you respond I already know you are European, you can stop using that as an excuse for everything from now on.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
If you moved to California and didn't research it, who's fault is that? Everyone on earth knows California is earthquake prone.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
I am in Mexicali....and the quake's epicenter was pretty close to us. I had never felt a quake that started off so strongly, there was no build up, all of the sudden the floor dropped and then there were chaotic movements in a zig zag motion...the water tank had water sloshing in it, pictures were moving on the walls, and then it ended in circular motions and kind of made me dizzy. It started strong and became weaker...kind of the opposite from other quakes that I have felt.

The good thing is that there is commaraderie here, everyone went through the same thing, so people talk, vent, share their experience and you deal with it. It really isn't that bad, at the time you are surprised but it is over fast. It is out of our control and like others said, at least buildings here are built for this so there isn't any concern for exagerated concern.

Sometimes venting on these forums is misinterpreted and people attack you for it, go ahead but try to find actual people in person and there are others who get nervous and dislike the experience as well. But over time you will meet people who are well versed on the subject and put you at ease...and you will learn by experience how to react and it won't be something you hate, probably never enjoy, but at least not hate.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the rest of what Temecula has to offer, there are some beautiful mountain views and weather that way compared to Europe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties