Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:35 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,434 times

Advertisements

yes,you read it right..this is home invasion..it looks like..

i have been fighting for ten days with ANTS ( i am really exhausted)..and today (4 july..they might have gathered to celebrate)morning,i was shocked...hundreds of ants in my house..on my walls...straight lines along all the walls...hundreds moving..i have never seen somethign like that..they reached second floor....i killed them before,but they come back...i tried sprays before,i tried everything,they come back..people tell me,it is normal hier,when the hot season starts..we have some fields close,maybe that is why....they drive me crazy...i hate to be an antkiller...they are even in the dishwasher!...i kill them,they come back,like in a wrong movie...are black little ants,but i also saw near the pool red ants...i have never seen such red big ants in europe before...
in fact i love ants and i hate to be put in the situation to kill them or have them killed...

any advices??...i love such surprises...earthquakes,snakes,mines,coyotes and now ants....any more surprises hier in the desert for me?if you know something,just please tell me,so i am prepared on time...i will get informed now about ants and their habits...type and so on...

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 10:18 AM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,147,397 times
That's weird, I have red ants near my pool too. Do you have palm trees?
I recommend that you use triacide and a sprayer that you mix the poison in and spry with. terro ant baits and granules on the exterior (yep all three).
Did you just move in this house? If so, the ants think its their house! You need to show them who is boss.
Ants come into my house after it rains. I spray under the dishwasher and in any areas I can get to under the cabinets and the baseboards of the rooms they are invading! You have to be persistent and use strong methods or they will no get the point.
I like ants too, just not in my house and I have left the red ants alone as I like to watch them. Vanquish the black ants!

Old 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
any advices??...i love such surprises...earthquakes,snakes,mines,coyotes and now ants....any more surprises hier in the desert for me?
Yeah, mountain lions. My sister in Murietta had one on her property the other night, scaring the crap out of her horses.

As I've told you before, you're not in the desert. If you were, you'd really be complaining. The desert is much more harsh than where you are now, and offers its own selection of critters and pests.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,761,775 times
Best way to combat ants is termidor. It's a twice a year (generally soil) treatment around the base of your foundation called a barrier treatment. Really good at killing colonies and keeping your house clean of ants for extended periods of time.

For inside the house, Tri-die dust is really nice. It's a dust you sprinkle in your walls through every switchplate and outlet on the bottom floor.

Both treatments are available through most pest control companies. I'd always suggest a national company over a local one, as they are properly insured, properly train their employees, and tend to have good warranties.

Another less toxic way to treat areas inside your house is with windex. Ammonia kills the ants on contact, but it doesn't have a residual effect, so they'll keep coming back over the spot. It's nice for killing them on kitchen counters and such though since it's far less toxic than what's in a can of raid.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:17 PM

80 posts, read 296,062 times
Probably Argentine ants. Call an exterminator. Good thing it's just ants and not a real home invasion.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:35 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Yeah, mountain lions. My sister in Murietta had one on her property the other night, scaring the crap out of her horses.

As I've told you before, you're not in the desert. If you were, you'd really be complaining. The desert is much more harsh than where you are now, and offers its own selection of critters and pests.
Yes - critters indeed! I'm in the desert and we get scoripons and palmetto bugs in and around our home - even WITH pest control!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes - critters indeed! I'm in the desert and we get scoripons and palmetto bugs in and around our home...
Not to mention... oh... HEAT? She thinks she lives in the desert, but she enjoys the benefits of nights that cool off and that daily, moderating, cooling on-shore breeze that funnels throgh the Rainbow Gap from the ocean.

You can show her desert.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 PM

101 posts, read 327,889 times
I would suggest an Anteater,they make nice pets.What kind of snakes you have around there?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,434 times
i was working on my computer and started to write also an answer hier ..and guess what...earthquake..i hate this...4.57p m

anyway thank you for all your answers...the ants are gone...i had a strong allergie to the spray i used,but i survived..i hope they are gone forever...at least the parade and firework saved my day...

Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM

471 posts, read 1,830,020 times
buburuza I hope they are gone too. I have allergies to sprays as well, if that doesn't work use Terro brand products. it is the best ant killer ever! I used the pellets to treat all around the house and I have the traps as well. I never use prays. We used the liquid in the container and poured some on the patio and you won't believe how they swarmed over to it. Anyhow, I use that every year because now we get a different "species" of them seems like every season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties