U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM

20 posts, read 30,252 times
Question Apple Valley.....

I logged in to here a few months ago contemplating a move to Rancho Cucamonga, well we never made it there. Now Apple Valley has presented us with an opportunity our family can't decline. I was so overly impressed by the info that was given to me in April, so now I am asking for some more....only this time on Apple Valley.
I have read several older posts about crime, drugs and that it's not a great place for things to do, but I also believe that you have to make good out of what you are given.
So where should we live in Apple Valley? And absolutely stay away from? I have researched great schools.org & was wondering if Rio Vista Elementary is really a good school? Anybody have any input on others?
Looking via the internet is so skewed, and now I am not sure where we should really focus on being. We are going to rent until we decide if the high desert is for us, how are water prices for green grass?? We have a rental budget of about $1500 give or take, it looks like we will be out of the "rough" areas for this, or am I wrong????
Hopefully we will have a travel date made by next week to come search for homes, schools, daycare...so any info is helpful.

Thanks for your time
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 AM

373 posts, read 328,096 times
I'm sorry that you never got a response to this - those are my questions. Where did you end up?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 PM

20 posts, read 30,252 times
Originally we went to Victorville, we hated it. Heard too much noise, we lucked out & got our kiddo into a Charter School that generally has a huge waiting list. Our boys liked the house, but there were no kids playing outside. We recently just purchased a home in Apple Valley, it is a much nicer area with better family atmosphere. Hoping to get lucky a second time with schools, for now commuting to VV everyday... sucks up a lot of time driving up and down Bear Valley Rd. We see lots of kids playing in the neighborhood, and people that are happy to be there...nice to see. The schools overall are MUCH better in Apple Valley than VV, Hesperia has good school reports from friends/co-workers as well. Stay away from the Thunderbird/Hwy 18 area of Apple Valley, "felony flats", not as scary as it sounds... but not the ideal/choice place to live either, however there is a lot of good shopping in that area, I go over there a lot & never feel afraid for my safety. I am here, and can help answer questions if you need. I will try to be subjective....there are some areas that just suck & that's all that can be said. Just come here with an open mind, be picky about where you live and your surroundings. This is really a good place to be. It grows on you....

Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 AM

Thank you so much for the information. Husband is now looking at Oak Hills - and now needing information on Oak Hills High School and also Serrano High School - first one is in Hesperia ISD and the other is Snowline ISD.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM

76 posts, read 265,112 times
Snowline is generally considered a better district than Hesperia. I use to live in Apple Valley and know many teachers and administrators in the areas.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks - husband is looking at a couple of houses in Oak Hills this afternoon and the one he thinks we will make an offer one does go to Serrano High School (which is where we want daughter to go - it seems to be the only high school in snowline that has FFA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties