Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:06 PM

24 posts, read 53,263 times

Advertisements

Moving from Texas to Riverside, California! Need to know some nice areas to live In. I will be working at March Air Force Base. I'm trying to find a home to rent in a nice subdivision.

Need Advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 PM

93 posts, read 279,156 times
If you're looking for newer, suburban type homes check out the Orangecrest and Mission Grove neighborhoods in Riverside. Very close to March. Canyon Crest is pretty cool and close by too, a little older, but very well maintained.

If you're interested in something more historic, look at downtown Riverside or the Wood Streets. There are also some new condos built downtown that are for lease called Raincross Promenade.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM

31 posts, read 87,888 times
Default riverside

Riverside has plenty of nice areas just kinda boaring

Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,566 times
Another direction you may want to look is towards the Menifee/Murrieta area. It's about the same distance but might be a little better traffic wise; and imho is a better place to live vs. the Riverside area. I am actually in a very similar boat, coming from San Antonio to the Riverside area for a job near March. My wife and I are from the area originally, and we love the Menifee/Murrieta area and are looking to buy a house there.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 PM

27 posts, read 107,438 times
Riverside is going to remind you so much of texas ( except east texas). same old Same old

Old 09-23-2010, 09:35 PM

344 posts, read 199,415 times
There are MANY great options in Riverside/Moreno Valley. Both cities are above the median household income and at/below crime stats.

Riverside: Orangecrest, Mission Grove, Hawarden Hills, Wood Streets, La Sierra, Lake Hills/Lake Hills Reserve, Riverwalk, Victoria, Mission Inn District, Canyon Crest, parts of Arlington, Sycamore Canyon.

Moreno Valley: Sunnymead Ranch, Moreno Valley Ranch, Coleman Estates (near Palm Middle/ Northridge Elementary), Hidden Springs, Renaissance Park/Towngate, Stoneridge Ranch, Shadow Mountain, Steeplechase Hills.

I would advise looking locally first (as traffic can be a nightmare coming in and out the Riverside/Moreno Valley metro).

Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 9,862 times
Blessing 09 I just found out that my husband is also PCS'ing to March. We just
found out. I have been doing alot of research. I am thinking of Canyon Lake, Murrieta, or maybe Canyon Hills. We are coming from NC but we are both originally from TX. We should get together and share info.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:06 AM

5 posts, read 15,163 times
I would stear clear of Riverside/Moreno Valley. Look more south, Menifee, Murrieta, or Temecula. All are within 15 to 20 minutes of MAFB. I live in Menifee and work near MAFB. Love the area. Great schools (not sure if that pertains to your situation).

Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 PM

21 posts, read 104,900 times
Just avoid the Eastside (along University Avenue west of UCR) and you should be fine. Although it may not look it, Riverside's Eastside is a pretty sketchy area. Rapes and armed robbery is quite common along University and Chicago avenues. There are some very nice areas of Riverside, with reasonable housing prices, however.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:46 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
I echo the suggestions of Menifee, Temecula, or Orangecrest & Canyon Crest in Riverside. If you have kids in school, I think Menifee & Temecula schools have better reps than Murrieta's. I don't know about Riverside (the city) schools.

If I personally had the choice of where to live in Southwest Riverside County, it would be one of these places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties