Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM

987 posts, read 1,737,462 times

Advertisements

@jmlowmanThanks for the update, so in two weeks? Well it will be interesting to see, I took it yesterday roundtrip & that gray is depressing, the inside is really nice, especially the humongous restrooms, old & really nice, you can see alot went into the decor, very classy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 6,377 times
Just wanted to ask - would there be lots of commuters during Easter Weekend? Is the San Bernardino station safe to travel for young adults by themselves?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi10 View Post
Just wanted to ask - would there be lots of commuters during Easter Weekend? Is the San Bernardino station safe to travel for young adults by themselves?
YES, and yes, I've been riding it alot lately and my husband does it alot on the weekends and at night, I'm always amazed on how many people do travel, especially on the weekends, both Metrolink & Amtrak, so expect it to be busy, which is a good thing, more people and safer you are, but always be on your guard as anywhere you go. My 16 yr old does Moreno Valley (RIverside) Metrolink w/her friends, off and on and has had no problems (I tell her she has to be back before sunset, even though she doesn't live w/me). San Bernardino, the same thing, especially since the nearby surrounding areas (and all around it except by the University & the foothills) aren't so nice at all (to put it lightly), you should be back (or leave) before night falls definitely...there are more security guards and now I'm seeing (Thank God) alot more Sheriff's patroling and checking for tickets (Especially since they finally opened the new Parking lot structure & Museum), but be safe and come/or go before daylight ends.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:07 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,855,876 times
So I was thinking of taking the train from SB or Riverside-DT down to Oceanside for a weekend, but for some reason I had the smarts enough to call Metrolink to check on parking, and neither lot allows overnight parking.

Is there anyplace near the SB station one can park overnight? I've never been there so I don't know the lay of the land myself.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:45 PM

493 posts, read 1,440,667 times
Possibly on 3rd Street, across from the Amtrak Station.

I wouldn't recommend leaving a vehicle of any worth overnight in that neighborhood, though.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:32 PM

Having been to the station today and having driven through the immediate area, I concur.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM

493 posts, read 1,440,667 times
There has been considerable improvement in the immediate vicinity of the Amtrak and Metrolink stations. An aging shopping center was demolished and a new supermarket was built, along with shops on two levels.

There is a security guard at the Amtrak station, but I don't know about security near the Metrolink station or the new parking structure.

If we were taking the Metrolink and not returning the same day, I'd be inclined to spring for taxi fare from home, rather than leaving one of our vehicles there overnight.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
If we were taking the Metrolink and not returning the same day, I'd be inclined to spring for taxi fare from home, rather than leaving one of our vehicles there overnight.
Unfortunately, taxi fare from Palm Springs would be rather prohibitive! I might as well just drive to Oceanside at that rate.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM

I feel the same way rah62, I can't afford a taxi, not quite coming from Palm Springs, but further out from Calimesa/Yucaipa & Redlands area (i'm still looking for a permanent home out this way) anyhow I have to commute to LA everyday, my choice, however I've been lucky to have found a vanpool for the City of LA that comes from Rialto, and its so worth it. But there are times where I want to stay in LA and can't leave the car in the SBD metrolink parking lot (like others have said, you wouldn't want to in that area)...so I usually end up driving in and staying for the weekends at times. There are also times when a friend can pick me up from a certain point (Rancho Cucamonga or Fontana) but can't park out there, even in the residential areas where they don't have it posted or any postings indicating, but they will issue citations &/or tow cars away that park there for more than 24 hours, however parked my car in Redlands by the University in a nearby neighborhood w/no posted restrictions for 4 days and came home to find it safe and intact. So I guess it just depends.....

Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 PM

I called Metrolink customer service to ask which (if any) stations allowed overnight parking, and got put on hold for so long I finally gave up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties