Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 AM

12,460 posts, read 19,999,178 times

Advertisements

Nightlife in Temecula = sleeping.

Driving to Orange County or San Diego on the weekends is far superior to driving to the IE from Orange county or San Diego during the work week.

I still don't get what "young professionals" are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 AM

13,824 posts, read 29,791,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post

I still don't get what "young professionals" are....
Young people that went to college and have "real jobs".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellinEverywhere View Post
Hey, I am 25 years old and just got a job in Riverside CA. I have been told that Temecula is one of the fastest growing communities and that housing prices are unbeatable. My only concern is the amount of single young professionals in Temecula. I know there are a few night clubs, but is Temecula a city that has a noticeable population of young professionals? It seems like it is very family oriented... I would really love to live in this city, but I don't want to be driving to San Diego or Orange County every weekend to find some nightlife. Any insight on the nightlife of Temecula, or if a mid 20s person would enjoy living in Temecula?
Downtown Riverside.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 14,506 times
Let me clarify the weather, Temecula might not have 'perfect weather' but who does? I have travelled all over this planet, and there is no 'perfect' weather. Let me re-phrase, Temecula has better weather than just about anywhere on the planet. Maybe San Diego is slightly better, but thats it. Not LA, they have waaaaay too much smog. 100 degree temperatures for a few days in the summer is fine with me. Most days are 70, 80 or 90 degrees, all year. Look at Scottsdale, AZ, which I like a lot, they have 110 degree weather for five months out of the year. Temecula weather is very, very good. As you get older, you realize how important weather is. I'm an outdoor person too, so Temecula is super.

I bought in Paseo Del Sol. The lots there have more size, the homes are modern & nice. This is just personal preference, but I don't like houses that are right next to each other (arm's distance) with very small lots. There are some houses in Temecula & California with 2000 sq ft homes on 3000 sq ft lots. Not for me! My lot is 7800 sq ft, plenty of room for backyard activities.

Last edited by William5858; 03-15-2011 at 11:59 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 01:10 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,896,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Food:

Things I miss...

1. Fried Clams. I found a place in San Diego that serves whole-belly fried clams but they just aren't the same. Those poor little devils just can't make the flight across the US without losing some flavor.

2. Most seafood in general. I like the seafood here much better than FL, but not as much as the NE. Halibut, crab, and salmon would be the exception. I think some of it simply has to do with the way it is prepared.

3. New York Style Chinese Food. Yes, the Northeast has its own style of chinese food. I know several transplants from the NE, and every last one of them misses the chinese food there. A slightly different cooking style that makes a world of difference.

4. Pizza. Enough said.

5. Grinders. They have these things they call sub here but they aren't quite the same.
Looks like an opportunity for someone to open up some north east style restaurants. It seems like half of the north east lives here.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 PM

12,460 posts, read 19,999,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
Looks like an opportunity for someone to open up some north east style restaurants. It seems like half of the north east lives here.
If there was, you'd already see it. The reality is that California has some of the best food in the country, sure some easterners may miss some of their comfort foods from childhood but its going to be different for each person so its hard to seize such sentiments.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,538,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
If there was, you'd already see it. The reality is that California has some of the best food in the country, sure some easterners may miss some of their comfort foods from childhood but its going to be different for each person so its hard to seize such sentiments.
So true. For instance, most people who did not grow up in the Northeast find the thought of whole-belly fried clams revolting. Of course, they forget that you can just pull the bellies off and still get the flavor added. The foods you grew up with will always have a special place in your heart (or stomach). No doubt someone from SoCal is living in Boston right now wishing they didn't have to eat New York Style chinese food.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:26 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,777,101 times
I've tasted what passes for Mexican food in other parts of the country. But there's always at least one local specialty, often multiple ones, that makes up for that. You either can't get them here, or if you can they suck. It all evens out, at least for me it does. Especially when it comes to Southern cuisine.

I've tried pizza in NYC, specifically Totonno's and DiFara's. While it was good, I didn't get a mouth orgasm or a pizza epiphany from the stuff. It was alright. So what the above poster said about what you grew up on being extra-special is spot on. Like my late Mom's meatloaf or mac & cheese for instance. I think it's the best stuff in the world. Others might not.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 AM

50 posts, read 133,458 times
Temecula and Murrieta (adjacent city) offer a decent housing value compared to other areas in SoCal. The commute to San Diego is not too bad, about and hour to go about 60 miles and fairly consistent. The drive to Orange county using the 91 will not be as nice. Also chance of finding a job in Escondido or off the 78, which is about 30 miles. I would not recommend a commute requiring taking the 78 a long distance toward the 5 fwy. Another option would be to look into a vanpool, I see lots of vans in the parking lots around the areas.
Currently some good housing values resulting from overbuilding and housing bust.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 AM

39 posts, read 58,064 times
Haha...

Jewel of the i.e. is murrieta/temecula...hahahaha...try chino hills, great local, low crime and the best i.e. local byyyy farrrr! you must just be jealous or a h8r cause you can't afford to live there...i did and i am! i now live in nasty corona and can't wait till i move north.,,,all the way out of this god-foresaken state.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,896,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnorton View Post
Temecula and Murrieta (adjacent city) offer a decent housing value compared to other areas in SoCal. The commute to San Diego is not too bad, about and hour to go about 60 miles and fairly consistent. The drive to Orange county using the 91 will not be as nice. Also chance of finding a job in Escondido or off the 78, which is about 30 miles. I would not recommend a commute requiring taking the 78 a long distance toward the 5 fwy. Another option would be to look into a vanpool, I see lots of vans in the parking lots around the areas.
Currently some good housing values resulting from overbuilding and housing bust.

Van pools aren't a good idea. You won't have the ability to go in early or work late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties