Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 PM

59 posts, read 218,106 times

Advertisements

Let me start by saying I'm a 24 yo college grad who grew up here and now I'm in the work force. Everyday I pretty much go to work come home, eat by myself, sleep by myself, wash, rinse repeat.

I'm just getting bored with it. I'm not a total social butterfly and I'm not totally aware of what and where the cool places are.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 06:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Take some group dance lessons. D&D's on Spruce street in Riverside is a great place to take lessons and meet people. They also have social dances on Friday nights and some Saturdays. I know all of the instructors there and most of the students and social dancers, and all of the competitive dancers. Also, Steppin' Out in Riverside at the corner or Magnolia and Van Buren is a good place. It's geared more toward hustle and west coast swing, as opposed to ballroom. Then there's the ultimate - Buddy Schwimmer's Dance Center at 1445 Park Street in Redlands.

Trust me - once you start taking lessons and dancing, you'll get hooked!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Wait tables on the side.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Wait tables on the side.
I was thinking about getting a job on the side. On weekends and what not. Not that I need the money but just to get out on a Saturday so I don't drown myself out of boredom

Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Take some group dance lessons. D&D's on Spruce street in Riverside is a great place to take lessons and meet people. They also have social dances on Friday nights and some Saturdays. I know all of the instructors there and most of the students and social dancers, and all of the competitive dancers. Also, Steppin' Out in Riverside at the corner or Magnolia and Van Buren is a good place. It's geared more toward hustle and west coast swing, as opposed to ballroom. Then there's the ultimate - Buddy Schwimmer's Dance Center at 1445 Park Street in Redlands.

Trust me - once you start taking lessons and dancing, you'll get hooked!
I'll read some snyposis of various places. I must warn you - I am not a dancer. I've no ryhthm or flexibility.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_boy View Post
I'll read some snyposis of various places. I must warn you - I am not a dancer. I've no ryhthm or flexibility.
No offense but if you are a 1/10 as pathetic on here as you are in real life, don't bother. You need to get some self-esteem my friend. Chicks don't waste their time with dudes who have low self-esteem.

I'm sure you have some time of hobbies right? Poker, comics, reading, etc...find some groups.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_boy View Post
Doesn't matter - it's a learned thing. Do you think I was born knowing how to dance and have the correct rhythm? I was a Blackpool finalist. I had to LEARN how to do what I do. I just took it a lot further than most people. You can learn too. In the process, you meet lots of people - particularly of the opposite sex, since that's who you dance with.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
No offense but if you are a 1/10 as pathetic on here as you are in real life, don't bother. You need to get some self-esteem my friend. Chicks don't waste their time with dudes who have low self-esteem.

I'm sure you have some time of hobbies right? Poker, comics, reading, etc...find some groups.
True! A little self-esteem goes a long way!

Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 AM

27 posts, read 60,908 times
You need to be careful about getting a second job just to fill in the boredom unless it's something you enjoy. Then your life becomes all work/no play and the rut gets harder to get out of as you get older until one day you look up and think, "What happened to my life?"

Possible solution: check out a website called Meetup.com(this is not an advertisement) they have groups in different areas doing different things with like minded people. Best of Luck!

Old 08-22-2011, 04:45 PM

105 posts, read 552,402 times
Are there people your age at work? Start an after-work happy hour/sports/etc. Join a gym and go after work...but the trick is to socialize at the gym -- take the classes (filled with women!), etc.

Ultimately, you need to figure out something that interests you, then socialize around it. Whether it be church, exercise, partying, sports, etc.

Why not join a dating site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties