U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 AM

920 posts, read 745,662 times

Advertisements

ok this is probably more a rant, but it happened to me & I take full responsibility, however I won't fall for it again....Steel7 I think you might sympathize w/me on this....

Off Interstate 10 eastbound, County Line Road, I know realize its famous for speedtraps, I had the rude awakening of the reminder, I just came home from work, (long commute, bla bla bla), and its now daylight savings, darkness falls early, and everyones turning left, but me, I squeeze through the right (another ticket, I know) the off ramp & did the "brake quickly & off" & "Calif. Roll", (yea I should know better by now) so I didn't see him hiding in the darkness waiting for me. I proceed down the next street & I was just so anxioius to get home, but then Barney Fife stops me, me knowing the drill, I pull off to the side, he gestures me to move a little more foward (we were in an empty street w/no cars in sight & I wasn't block anything or driveway, but whatever....) and he pulls me over, explains to me not only did I not stop, but that I went over the 25 mph limit (35mph? oh wow that is really bad)...anyhow worse part, he makes me sit in the back seat of his vehicle (can they do that?) tells me that in LA county they are spoiled because they have 2 police officers ea time they pull someone over, I was too scared to contradict him (although anyone who lives/or been to LA county knows thats not entirely true....) but because he's alone, its a precaution, (ok, so what about my rights? My precautions??? & how was I suppose to know he was a real cop? or a "good" cop?? I mean come on, he either slashes me in pieces or other bad things to happen, but like I said, I was really scared, he had a gun, what looked like a real badge & he did look like a typical "portly" red freckly, thick mustached (opie, i kid you not) harmless, but still, he had the gun....oh & btw did I mention I obviously looked middle-aged, was dressed professionally in heels, & been told I look like a "pushover" & couldn't hurt a fly? (honestly I don't like bringing up race, but I am a little on the tan side...comprende??, again what does that have to do w/anything??? just wondering....)....

Anyhow finally gave me my ticket & waited watching till I turned the corner (I guess in case he thought I'd give him the finger & haul ass again??).....after that I don't even go that exit anymore (unless its day & I can see clearly)....yes I know, I should know by now, (after how many tix??) and know better, but still I just think it was a little over done, & apparently so does some of my friends who work for LAPD, they keep telling me I should call Riverside Sheriffs and/or Police Dept & find out what the actual procedures are??? To me, cops in this very tiny town appear to abuse their power, adding to my ticket the extra 10 mph (I honestly think he exagerated, the street was very short to the end, how could I possibly be doing that? it was more like 3 mph, honest!), it also appeared he was trying to search for other reasons to cite me, wow such hard up tactics for Revenue in a tiny town....Is San Bernardino just as bad??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 11:09 AM

16,585 posts, read 20,530,624 times
Was he RCSO?

Personally, I wouldn't have sat in his car. If he insisted I'd have refused and told him he should call in the field supervisor (usually a Sgt). That almost always will make them back off of an illegal search or untidy arrest... they don't want the Sgt pissed at them. It's all about probable cause.

Where did I learn this? From a retired CHP officer in my AOJ 101 class.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 AM

3,162 posts, read 4,666,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
ok this is probably more a rant, but it happened to me & I take full responsibility, however I won't fall for it again....Steel7 I think you might sympathize w/me on this....

Off Interstate 10 eastbound, County Line Road, I know realize its famous for speedtraps, I had the rude awakening of the reminder, I just came home from work, (long commute, bla bla bla), and its now daylight savings, darkness falls early, and everyones turning left, but me, I squeeze through the right (another ticket, I know) the off ramp & did the "brake quickly & off" & "Calif. Roll", (yea I should know better by now) so I didn't see him hiding in the darkness waiting for me. I proceed down the next street & I was just so anxioius to get home, but then Barney Fife stops me, me knowing the drill, I pull off to the side, he gestures me to move a little more foward (we were in an empty street w/no cars in sight & I wasn't block anything or driveway, but whatever....) and he pulls me over, explains to me not only did I not stop, but that I went over the 25 mph limit (35mph? oh wow that is really bad)...anyhow worse part, he makes me sit in the back seat of his vehicle (can they do that?) tells me that in LA county they are spoiled because they have 2 police officers ea time they pull someone over, I was too scared to contradict him (although anyone who lives/or been to LA county knows thats not entirely true....) but because he's alone, its a precaution, (ok, so what about my rights? My precautions??? & how was I suppose to know he was a real cop? or a "good" cop?? I mean come on, he either slashes me in pieces or other bad things to happen, but like I said, I was really scared, he had a gun, what looked like a real badge & he did look like a typical "portly" red freckly, thick mustached (opie, i kid you not) harmless, but still, he had the gun....oh & btw did I mention I obviously looked middle-aged, was dressed professionally in heels, & been told I look like a "pushover" & couldn't hurt a fly? (honestly I don't like bringing up race, but I am a little on the tan side...comprende??, again what does that have to do w/anything??? just wondering....)....

Anyhow finally gave me my ticket & waited watching till I turned the corner (I guess in case he thought I'd give him the finger & haul ass again??).....after that I don't even go that exit anymore (unless its day & I can see clearly)....yes I know, I should know by now, (after how many tix??) and know better, but still I just think it was a little over done, & apparently so does some of my friends who work for LAPD, they keep telling me I should call Riverside Sheriffs and/or Police Dept & find out what the actual procedures are??? To me, cops in this very tiny town appear to abuse their power, adding to my ticket the extra 10 mph (I honestly think he exagerated, the street was very short to the end, how could I possibly be doing that? it was more like 3 mph, honest!), it also appeared he was trying to search for other reasons to cite me, wow such hard up tactics for Revenue in a tiny town....Is San Bernardino just as bad??????
Let me get this straight. You freely admit to breaking three vehicle codes and then go online and rant about a police department's tactics?

As far as putting you in the car - wasn't there, not sure. You could have a gripe there, but I try hard not to judge/analyze offer's judgement when not having been there.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 1,780 times
Quote:

What you need to do is go to Fighter 1 on this site or check some of his post on demanding a verified complaint on the Notice to Appear that the cop gave you. its you right because it is stated in the California penal code ( c.p.c. 853.9)and the vehicle codes ( VC40513) and even the California Penal code says that the court must prosecute you threw a verified complaint( c.p.c.740). Well guess what?? that Notice to appear is no and can not be a verified complaint By their own laws. take no offense here but rather then b**h people need to get educated and stop paying for the cops retirement. Check it out!!!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Was he RCSO?

Personally, I wouldn't have sat in his car. If he insisted I'd have refused and told him he should call in the field supervisor (usually a Sgt). That almost always will make them back off of an illegal search or untidy arrest... they don't want the Sgt pissed at them. It's all about probable cause.

Where did I learn this? From a retired CHP officer in my AOJ 101 class.
Fontucky, I almost always agree with your posts here, but this one is a little off base.

This poster has admitted on this forum to (at the very least) not paying a ticket. Probably a FTA under 40509cvc. When conducting this traffic stop, the officer likely knew (by either running her CDL or registered owner check on her vehicle) that she had this issue recently. At this time, the officer likely gained his PC to detain for a 14601 check (suspended license), or even a warrant check.

Now, based on the OP's account, there is a big gap between the officer initiating the traffic stop and her sitting the back of the car, so I'm curious why we automatically infer officer misconduct.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:11 PM

16,585 posts, read 20,530,624 times
I was describing what I would do if asked to sit in the cop car. I don't know her driving history. Mine is blemish-free.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Fontucky, I almost always agree with your posts here, but this one is a little off base.

This poster has admitted on this forum to (at the very least) not paying a ticket. Probably a FTA under 40509cvc. When conducting this traffic stop, the officer likely knew (by either running her CDL or registered owner check on her vehicle) that she had this issue recently. At this time, the officer likely gained his PC to detain for a 14601 check (suspended license), or even a warrant check.

Now, based on the OP's account, there is a big gap between the officer initiating the traffic stop and her sitting the back of the car, so I'm curious why we automatically infer officer misconduct.
??????????????????
I must have missed that statement

Last edited by Travelin Man; 12-02-2011 at 02:22 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Man View Post
??????????????????
I must have missed that statment
http://www.city-data.com/forum/17898735-post7.html

Old 12-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Every thing must have been straighten out if he let her go . No FTA and she must have gotten her license back.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM

1,137 posts, read 646,018 times
Quote:

You admit to three different violations, then complain about getting stopped? How dare he!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties