Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,704 times

Advertisements

We moved here 9 months ago, and so far, our truck has been broken into 2 times, then they stole the tailgate right off it, then one day, the cops show up at my door and tell me some guy said he chased my truck a 4 am, after stealing something from his car?...I said I was asleep at 4 am!! I am a mom with a 4 yr old, he then put me in the back of his patrol car, and searched my garage, then threatend to call social services on me if I had any stolen prop. in my house? I was in shock. This was at 9 pm, i was in my pajamas ready for bed. Then they just let me out and left....I can't believe it here, and I lived in Riverside and Rialto before here...never had this much theft, or craziness there, and they were much larger towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,611,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooolong View Post
We moved here 9 months ago, and so far, our truck has been broken into 2 times, then they stole the tailgate right off it, then one day, the cops show up at my door and tell me some guy said he chased my truck a 4 am, after stealing something from his car?...I said I was asleep at 4 am!! I am a mom with a 4 yr old, he then put me in the back of his patrol car, and searched my garage, then threatend to call social services on me if I had any stolen prop. in my house? I was in shock. This was at 9 pm, i was in my pajamas ready for bed. Then they just let me out and left....I can't believe it here, and I lived in Riverside and Rialto before here...never had this much theft, or craziness there, and they were much larger towns.
Holy smokes! Where in Hemet are you?

Old 06-17-2007, 02:29 AM

193 posts, read 1,399,770 times
Yeah , something doesn't sound right here. Did you cop think you were on drugs or something?

Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,349,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazelais View Post
There is humidity there because of the manmade lake.
Humidity in Hemet? It's actually very very dry. The lake isn't big enough to have that kind of impact. In fact, the only time I ever noticed the humidity to be high was right before a rare summer thunderstorm - but for the majority of the time, it's an extremely dry climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazelais View Post
I hate hot weather but you get that nearly everywhere. Summers are too long and too hot in the South of the U.S.
One of the things that makes all of Southern California so desirable, is our long summers. There are many places up North with shorter, milder summers - and maybe even a little snow in the winter if you're lucky! It's all about finding the climate that makes you the happiest, and for me a nice long hot summer is heaven!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,209,441 times
I personally would never live in Hemet, but with that said I would hardly say it's a dump. I go there quite often because of some family I have in that area, and while there is room for improvement I think there are some nice areas of the city, and call me crazy but I find some charm in certain areas as well.

I enjoy some of the restaurants in Hemet & San Jacinto as well. As they say to each his own, like I said Hemet would never be my choice of residence, but I could think of a lot worse places to live.

Oh and regarding seniors yes there are still a lot of seniors there, but Hemet is no longer just a retirement town. It's a city that has grown tremendously within the last 10 years and it includes plenty of people of all ages and races.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,113 times
You guys are stuck up and need to move back to Irvine where you belong! It smells? Are you kidding me!? The whole mid-west smells! It doesn't smell when you drink that cold glass of milk or eat those eggs in the morning. City people crack me up! Upscale shopping? WTF is that crap? get your a$$ in your BMW, go vote for Obama and stay out of Hemet, you might get some horse **** on your shoes.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,990,210 times
I do have one question concerning Hemet: is the smog there that bad? Why I ask is I have heard horror stories about the air pollution in the Riverside area.

Note I live in Phx (actually Scottsdale but close enough) and our air is sketchy in the winter.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 AM

84 posts, read 483,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I do have one question concerning Hemet: is the smog there that bad? Why I ask is I have heard horror stories about the air pollution in the Riverside area.

Note I live in Phx (actually Scottsdale but close enough) and our air is sketchy in the winter.
Smog all over the Inland Empire is bad, unless you're up in the nearby mountains perhaps. Riverside County air quality ranks the worst in the U.S. year after year.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:25 PM

15 posts, read 98,566 times
DON'T MOVE TO HEMET!!!!! We paid over 500k for our home but out kids still go to a ghetto school, which we just recently took them out of and pay over 600 a month for a private school. This town has hardly any safe passage for walking or jogging or biking. The roads are so bad with flooding every rain. There is no entertainment life in town. Nothing elegant or fancy. Now with the 100's of foreclosers in town there is no where to go but down. I wish someone warned us 15 years ago. As soon as we can sell our home we are out of here. Hemet will lose another hard working, law abiding family.

Look up all the crime and sex offenders in the area! Get out while you can.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:22 PM

4 posts, read 31,711 times
Default Retire in Hemet

Hello: We are thinking of a winter retirement in Hemet? Is it really that bad? Were thinking a 55+ gated MHpark. Would you recommend any of them as better than others? I have read of biker gangs there, is it area specific?
Thanks for an anticipated response

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachinU View Post
DON'T MOVE TO HEMET!!!!! We paid over 500k for our home but out kids still go to a ghetto school, which we just recently took them out of and pay over 600 a month for a private school. This town has hardly any safe passage for walking or jogging or biking. The roads are so bad with flooding every rain. There is no entertainment life in town. Nothing elegant or fancy. Now with the 100's of foreclosers in town there is no where to go but down. I wish someone warned us 15 years ago. As soon as we can sell our home we are out of here. Hemet will lose another hard working, law abiding family.

Look up all the crime and sex offenders in the area! Get out while you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties