Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:58 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,412,719 times

Advertisements

Asking for recommendations. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 09:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
Chevo's in AV
Coyote Loco in LV

Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,807,685 times
I'll give the Loco coyote a try next time, but for my money, it would be hard to beat Letti's...

Old 02-19-2012, 02:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
When I go up to Hesperia to visit my parents we sometimes go to the La Casita on Main Street. (toward the Mesa area of town) We think the food is very good there, and the place is usually busy, so others like the food too, otherwise it would be empty.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:21 PM

I had an excellent chile verde omelet at Letty's about 10 years ago. Both times since have been disappointing, to say the least. I hear the original mgt is back in place. Maybe things have improved.

Donn, have you tried Chevo's? 18 just east of Navajo. Best rellenos I've had.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I had an excellent chile verde omelet at Letty's about 10 years ago. Both times since have been disappointing, to say the least. I hear the original mgt is back in place. Maybe things have improved.

Donn, have you tried Chevo's? 18 just east of Navajo. Best rellenos I've had.
Yes, Chevo's is right next to BofA which I stop by frequently. We were there once a couple of years ago. I don't remember anything exceptionally good or bad, but after reading your comment, we will stop by again. I like giving restaurants a second chance. Maybe I missed something the first time.
Another good one is Amy's on 18. We have eaten their a few times. They also have a huge sports bar.
There are a lot of really good Mexican restaurants in the area. I could name a few more, but let's give "House4kids" a chance to start with the one's already mentioned...

Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM

Well Donn, did you ever give Chevo's another try? Looks like House4kids lost interest in the topic.

I drove by Amy's on Sunday and it was empty and dark at both 1pm and 5:30pm.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Well Donn, did you ever give Chevo's another try? Looks like House4kids lost interest in the topic.

I drove by Amy's on Sunday and it was empty and dark at both 1pm and 5:30pm.
We went to Amy's last Sept for a birthday dinner and it was closed. We just recently learned they have moved back across the hiway to where they used to be located. It's smaller. The lady said they did great in the small environment, not so much in the large place. The place they vacated was large and needed major improvements, too expensive to do all the needed improvements. They moved back last July and maintained both locations until September.
Haven't tried Chevo's yet, but I will, just too many places to eat... Another place over on Bear Valley, a dump, but good Mexican food. Lola's...

Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM

You REALLY should give Coyote Loco a try. I can't stress than enough. However, if you're not a fan of lettuce inside burritos, tell them to leave it off.

Here are my Yelp reviews, with quite a few in the HD: Jack G.'s Reviews | Fontana | Yelp

Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 AM

After reading many of you posts all over CD, I have to wonder what causes you to travel so extensively? You're all over the place in So Calif, and know a lot of History. I arrived in Artesia in '58, then Buena Park, Anaheim, Fullerton for many years, Yorba Linda, El Toro, Placentia, probably some I forgot, before retiring to AV, so I have covered the county pretty well, and share many of your memories. Still travel to those distant places frequently. Of the above mentioned cities, I never lived in ET or Placentia, but worked in ET for ten years, and Plac for 20, so I feel like I lived there.
I read you review on Coyote Loco and will give it a try next time the kid comes to visit. She is the one who insists on Letty's when she comes to visit. She lives in Riverside, so visits often.
I saw your review on Polly's in Norco. Been there several times. I lived a block from the original Polly's on Raymond in Fullerton and ate there often. In the early days it was much smaller than now. I remember you had to walk through the kitchen past the cooks to get to the restrooms, before they doubled the size. Player piano in the waiting room.
I'm a "Mom & Pop's" kind of guy. For the most part, try to avoid chains. I will save your Yelp and check it out more carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties